Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Poll

Forvm Award For Numismatic Excellence?

Yes
16 (94.1%)
No
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: February 28, 2008, 11:09:35 pm

Author Topic: Pickering Pages (jamesicus's site) - Award Poll  (Read 2672 times)

Offline Pep

• Magistratus Optima Lege VI
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery
Pickering Pages (jamesicus's site) - Award Poll
« on: February 14, 2008, 11:09:22 pm »
For "Roman Coins of the London Mint" and "Roman Julio-Claudian Coins Directory"

http://jp29.org/

Offline Pep

• Magistratus Optima Lege VI
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery
Re: Pickering Pages (jamesicus's site) - Award Poll
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 04:19:07 pm »
Here is a reply from jamesicus:

"
Greetings to the FORVM Classical Numismatics Discussion Board.

I am very honored that you have bestowed the "Forvm Award For Numismatic Excellence" on my web site, I will strive to live up to the standards it embodies.
I will display your logo -- the most handsome design I have encountered -- with pride on my pages.

I thank all of the members of the Board -- including pep and his dedicated, hard working committee -- for this singular honor.

Yours very truly,

James Pickering
"

jamesicus

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 05:47:41 pm »
I have now indeed installed the logos and again many heartfelt thanks to all the members of this Discussion Board. This has brought home to me how much I have missed participating in this Forum with its wonderful flow of information and ideas. I have spent far too much time of late on Calligraphy and Bookbinding and it is time for me to participate here more often.

James

Offline Robert_Brenchley

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Honi soit qui mal y pense.
    • My gallery
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 05:59:28 pm »
We miss your expertise on calligraphy. The site well deserves the award. Incidentally, when it comes to books, is there anything not too complicated that can be done with perfect-bound books with split spines, or am I right in suspecting that they've had it?
Robert Brenchley

My gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10405
Fiat justitia ruat caelum

jamesicus

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 07:25:00 pm »
Thanks, Robert. What I usually recommend (and do myself) with split spine perfect bound books that have value, is to loosen and separate  the pages (usually quite easy to do) and, using a two or three hole punch, secure them in a commercial ring binder of appropriate size -- all that is needed is a neat label on the front cover.

James

All coins are guaranteed for eternity