Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Two silver Armenians of Cilicia  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Arminius

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • carpe diem
    • Arminius-Numismatics
Two silver Armenians of Cilicia
« on: December 30, 2007, 01:20:05 pm »
These two silver coins came out of a bigger lot of ancient Armenian bronzes.

ArKilAg1: 20-24 mm / 1,84 g , King on horseback riding right / Lion walking right, cross behind.

ArKilAg2: 20-22 mm / 2,02 g , King on horseback riding right; two circles in upper fields / Lion walking right, cross behind.

The denomination should be Takvorin, about the reign of Gosdantin III, 1344-1363 AD., most likely Sis mint (?)

Maybe someone is more trained than i to read the Armenian legends.

Thanks

Offline lv88

• Consul
    • Armenian Numismatic Page
Re: Two silver Armenians of Cilicia
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 01:05:24 am »
Upper one is: Cilician Armenia, Gosdantin III, Sis mint. Lower is a takvorin of Guy Lusignan(Sis), for whom there is a gaping hole in my collection. If you decide to part with it or trade it, let me know.  8)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity