Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: #1 on Amazon!  (Read 2149 times)

Offline rasiel

• Procurator Monetae
  • Praetorian
  • I love this forum!
#1 on Amazon!
« on: December 19, 2010, 07:53:42 am »
In only three weeks of being listed on Amazon my new book ERIC II is listed in first place!

http://amzn.to/dRBVxF

(Well, that's only for books on Roman coins but, hey, I'll take it and gladly!)

The positive reception is animating me to get cracking on a new book. Greek coins? British? U.S.?!?? The main problem, a huge problem really, is the enormous amount of money it takes to produce an in-depth work. Printing costs alone for that glossy color stock everyone likes breaks into the six figures. And that's not counting all the expenses of overhead, travel, research, legal fees and on and on... not to mention the one that's perhaps most easily overlooked: the author's salary! Add all these up and a budget of half million dollars is not an unreasonable sum to expect for a good reference book. That may be chump change for an established publisher but I would guess for most independent authors it's simply an impossible proposition.

So, on the off chance that anyone knows a numismatist who also happens to be a philanthropist do drop a good word in for me please :-)

Ras
http://dirtyoldbooks.com

Offline commodus

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Deceased Member
  • Caesar
Re: #1 on Amazon!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 12:26:09 pm »
Congratulations!
Eric Brock (1966 - 2011)

Offline Mark Z

• Caesar
  • Sit Julius Caesar quod vos es non.
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 09:54:17 am »
Ras,

Wow, that is SO cool!

Congratulations!

Regards,
mz

p.s currently out of stock?! :(

Offline dafnis

• Consul
  • ad astra per aspera.
    • Numismática Antigua
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 11:59:18 am »
Congrats Rasiel! Waiting for my copy actually, should be arriving shortly!!

You allow me one suggestion for your next effort... a similar collector-oriented (vs researcher), with the same photographic and coin attribution display... keep it Roman... go for the Republic!!  ;)

Offline Robert_Brenchley

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Honi soit qui mal y pense.
    • My gallery
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 04:30:50 pm »
Yes, we could do with a Republican book with good pics!
Robert Brenchley

My gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10405
Fiat justitia ruat caelum

All coins are guaranteed for eternity