Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: The John Ford Collection, auctioned by Stacks  (Read 1606 times)

Offline LordBest

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
The John Ford Collection, auctioned by Stacks
« on: November 25, 2007, 09:56:24 pm »
Does anyone have access to the twenty or so auction catalogues that make up the sale of the John Ford Collection? One of the books has some very important scholarship relating to 17th century French medals.
                                                                           LordBest. 8)

Offline bpmurphy

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
Re: The John Ford Collection, auctioned by Stacks
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 11:06:58 pm »
I have all but 2, what do you need?

Barry Murphy

Offline LordBest

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Re: The John Ford Collection, auctioned by Stacks
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 04:57:01 am »
Sorry to post in this after so long, but the specific Stacks catalogues I'm looking for from this collection are volumes XIII and XIV. In one of these some discussion is given to the edges of Louis XIV medals which are vital in determining their age. If anyone has access to these two volumes and could check for me I would be extremely grateful.
                                                                           LordBest. 8)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity