Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Help with Coin - Beginner  (Read 643 times)

Offline Dominicus

• Praetorian
Help with Coin - Beginner
« on: October 30, 2007, 03:22:44 am »
Hello,
I'd appreciate some help identifying this coin.  I've certainly had fun and excitement identifying on my own other roman coins, but I'm just a beginner and really struggling with this one.    Many of the markings still survive, so hopefully would get good pointers.
Best Regards to all in this superb resource!

Offline Nassif

• Caesar
Re: Help with Coin - Beginner
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 12:04:54 pm »
It's Umayyad Fals[7th Century AD or 1st Century Hegire];Also recommended to put it in the specific section as i told you before...any way Welcome to this fascinating world of ancient coins...
Regards.
Nassif
PS:Here you have an exceptional opportunity to learn daily almost everything regarding coins,we are really very grateful to this Forum and to Joe.........
Regards.
Nassif

All coins are guaranteed for eternity