Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Hadrian AEGYPTOS  (Read 612 times)

Offline Bamba123

• Caesar
Hadrian AEGYPTOS
« on: October 05, 2007, 12:56:11 am »
Have a coin that it looks like someone had painted in years gone by with green porch paint,  got into a little cleaning and think I have found a fairly decent coin.  I was hoping we could put extra sets of eyes on it and see if I got this one right

The coin is 24.5mm and weighs in at 11.5g

HADRIAN. 117-138 AD. Æ As
HADRIANVS AVG COS III P P, Laurette headed and draped bust right
AEGYPTOS, SC in exergue, Egypt reclining left and holding sistrum, left elbow resting on basket of  grain, ibis on column at her feet
RIC II 839

Not in the best of shape, but most major appliances are visable

Any input would be appreciated
If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1844

Offline mdelvalle

• Caesar
  • Mi nombre es Mario
    • My collection on the web
Re: Hadrian AEGYPTOS
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 11:27:44 am »
Hi Bamba look this is your coin RIC II 839

[DEAD LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN]

Mario

Offline Bamba123

• Caesar
Re: Hadrian AEGYPTOS
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 11:30:31 am »
thanks for the validation, before I got some of the green off, I thought the Ibis was a snake.  Happy with this one even though it isn't in great shape.  thanks Jim
If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1844

All coins are guaranteed for eternity