Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Old Hungarian Coin  (Read 4285 times)

bhnf

Old Hungarian Coin
« on: July 28, 2007, 08:50:40 am »
I normally collect ancient Roman coins but got this coin with a lot of uncleaned ones.  From the Internet it is apparently Hungarian with the Madonna, PATRO UNGA and the date ??17 on one side and a coat of arms on the other.  Can any one tell me more about this one?  Thanks.

Offline j.berta

• Praetorian
Re: Old Hungarian Coin
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 11:12:28 am »
Hungary, Matthias II (1608-1619) denar, minted at Körmöcbánya (Kremnitz) in 1617.
MAT.D.G.RO.I.S.AV.GE.HV.B.R.
PATRO.HUNGA.1617
Matthias Dei Gratia Romanorum Imperator Semper Augustus Germaniae Hungariae Bohemiae Rex
Patrona Hungariae 1617

Hungary, KM#40.1 (Standard Catalog of World Coins 17th Century, 3rd ed.)

Best wishes,
Jozsef

bhnf

Re: Old Hungarian Coin
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 03:59:04 pm »
Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.

Neal

All coins are guaranteed for eternity