Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Odd Hungarian  (Read 1135 times)

Offline irish

• Consul
  • Look To Cydonia Plain
    • fix the moon
Odd Hungarian
« on: July 21, 2007, 11:07:32 pm »
Another hungarian silver, very small, appears to have rudiments of shield design on one side and/or coat of arms, not sure about orientation

other side suggestive of floral type device to my eyes, but really cannot make much sense of it....very very thin fabric, coin is minute...thanks in advance....b.
Detritus, detritus, detritus...ad infinitum...

Cibalia

Re: Odd Hungarian
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 04:24:43 am »

Offline irish

• Consul
  • Look To Cydonia Plain
    • fix the moon
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 10:53:09 am »
 for reply, i do not think that is it though...i have been over that site several times, its well done...

on this coin, the obverse device on the lower left, (between 6 and 9 oclock as pictured) appears to be the same type of cross device that is on the shields of many of the denars, sometimes int the upper right hand corner

it looks like a patriarchal cross

the reverse has that tree/animal look, too bad the thing is worn...thanks again

b

Cibalia

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 12:40:35 pm »
Ah! I see it now. It's an obol of Bela IV, Huszar 336, like this one:

Offline irish

• Consul
  • Look To Cydonia Plain
    • fix the moon
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 02:56:28 pm »
yes it is!  thank you

All coins are guaranteed for eternity