Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Unusual strike need help please  (Read 661 times)

AOTAntiques

Unusual strike need help please
« on: June 03, 2007, 05:17:57 pm »
This coin appears to be an odd struck one.

The obverse has what I would guess as Theo (only a guess since I can not quite make it out)
The reverse looks like it’s concave.

I’d appreciate any information on this. Is it usual for a coin to be struck like this?

I can try to take a better picture of the coin if it’s too difficult to make out.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Kelly

• Consul
  • Too many coins, not enough time.
Re: Unusual strike need help please
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 05:23:47 pm »
Hello,
You have a neat brockage of Theodosius.  See this link for more about this type of coin:
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/numiswiki/view.asp?key=Brockage

Or this which has be recently discussed:
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/board/index.php?topic=37846.0

Regards,
Kelly

AOTAntiques

Re: Unusual strike need help please
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 05:33:19 pm »
Thank you Kelly.

Very cool, I had no idea and I've been collectiing for about 5 years now. This is the first I've seen.
Hardly noticed it, then it just popped out at me.
I'm glad I pulled it out of the lot I had before selling it  ;D

All coins are guaranteed for eternity