Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Need RIC note explanation, brain dead again  (Read 725 times)

Offline Bamba123

• Caesar
Need RIC note explanation, brain dead again
« on: April 13, 2007, 03:48:33 pm »
Crispus AE3 Reduced Follis. 322 AD.
IVL CRISPVS NOB CAES, laureate cuirassed bust left holding shield & spear forward (G8, left)
BEATA TRANQVILLITAS, globe atop altar inscribed VO TIS XX, three stars above, STR(dot) in ex.
RIC VII. TRIER, 348 (R2)

I have attached a scan of said page, the note ends with and 1 CoH of off. S with rev break VOT/IS

Just want to make sure I have using the correct attribution
Sorry if this sounds like a silly question, been on the road for a while and had a 24hr break and the brain has been disengaged.
If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1844

Offline Jochen

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Omnes vulnerant, ultima necat.
Re: Need RIC note explanation, brain dead again
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 04:17:04 pm »
Hi Bamba!

I think you are right! Bust is G8L, so it is RIC VII, Trier 348. CoH is Cologne Hoard and V is Vienna, Kunsthist. Museum. But I think you have the RIC and do know that!

Best regards

Offline Bamba123

• Caesar
Re: Need RIC note explanation, brain dead again
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 04:49:37 pm »
Thanks I was pretty sure, but just too tired to focus.  Appreciate the help been trying to get some coins entered and correctly attributed.  Going back out for the next week tomorrow AM.  Too many coins, too little time..
Thanks again, Jim

BTW a big thank you too everyone on the board.  Each time I log on, I learn.  Without this resource (entire forum) I doubt I would be as avid a collector as I have become.  To the newer users read every message, someday that bit of knowledge will answer questions for you.  Thanks to those who run this board, thanks to those who use this board..

Jim
If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1844

All coins are guaranteed for eternity