Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Resources  |  Identification Help (Moderators: Varangian, Arados)  |  Topic: FORVM's Attribution Challenges 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FORVM's Attribution Challenges  (Read 13611 times)
Joe Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM STAFF
Caesar

All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.

« on: April 04, 2007, 10:57:40 am »

FORVM has quite a few coins that we have had trouble attributing.  If you would like to give them a try, here is a link to the coins:

http://www.forumancientcoins.com/catalog/roman-and-greek-coins.asp?vpar=1054

Maybe you will think a few are easy!

Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Emanuele G
Caesar

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 01:41:27 am »

and what do i have to do if i recognize one of those coins?
areich
Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 01:54:05 am »

You can just send Joe a message.

Curtis
Praetorian

"For Love of Coins, Not Money!"

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 11:26:59 am »

I recognize many of these coins (to similar weights and diameters, not just imagery). The tentative leads Joe provided are help for me, since even those were mysteries to me. But I certainly want to know if they get attributed! About half the Provincial Roman/Imperial Greek attributions I make are by searching auction catalogs, old research sites, or looking through commercial sellers' websites like forvm... If I catch an ID on any I'll call it out

For love of coins not money
Facebook JJFNumismatics
stores.ebay.com/Jackson_Jacobs_Family_Numismatics
vcoins.com/jackson_jacobs_family_numismatics
Tacitus
Caesar

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 05:47:50 pm »

any new challenges?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Resources  |  Identification Help (Moderators: Varangian, Arados)  |  Topic: FORVM's Attribution Challenges « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop