Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Re: AngloSaxon Coins  (Read 1483 times)

Offline AlexB

• Caesar
  • The meek shall inherit the earth..so buy a meek
Re: AngloSaxon Coins
« on: March 08, 2007, 06:30:08 am »
Im thinking of collecting Anglo-Saxon 'English' coins and wondered if anyone has any advice for me?

Brgds

Alex
'Never has so much been owed, to so many, by so few' - Mervyn King, Governor, Bank of England, 20th Oct 2009

Offline Tiathena

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 06:51:40 am »

Enjoy it to the fullest - & don’t forget to share! (Here! ..with us!) ..please..!  :)

Best, as always!
   Tia

Facilius per partes in cognitionem totius adducimur.  ~ Seneca
My Gallery

Offline PeterD

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • omnium curiositatum explorator
    • Historia
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 07:20:21 am »
Make sure you have deep pockets!
Peter, London

Historia: A collection of coins with their historical context https://www.forumancientcoins.com/historia

Offline AlexB

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 07:06:23 am »
It has begun! Please see my gallery if interested. Appreciate comments on the Wessex Kingdom from c.800-1066AD.

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=11618

Brgds

Alex
'Never has so much been owed, to so many, by so few' - Mervyn King, Governor, Bank of England, 20th Oct 2009

hmscook

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 12:35:21 am »
Greetings Alex,

Your first purchase is a nice coin indeed with some great history. A great way to start what can very fast turn into an addiction.

If you have the time stop on by my website about my collection. There are not many coins there but it is a start. If you have any questions about the Saxon stuff please let me know and I will do my best to answer them. Also there is a Yahoo discussion group about English hammered coins that has some great people that are very knowledgeable about Saxon as well as other aspects of hammered coins form England. You can find out more about it on my website. The URL for my website is:

http://www.sortore.com/coins

If you do visit it please let me know what you think of the collection and the site.

Cheers,

Timothy

Offline AlexB

• Caesar
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 09:05:07 am »
Hi Timothy

Very nice site and amazing collection. I can see that we will be in communication often!

Brgds

Alex

hmscook

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 05:36:09 pm »
Greetings Alex,

Glad that you liked the site. The folks over at Wikipedia did not and thought I was spaming them when I put links to it on their articles about hammered coins and groats.

Cheers,

Timothy

NervousRex

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 09:15:46 pm »
hi Alex.that is a great coin.Hi timothy.i like your website and coins.
all the best
Robert

All coins are guaranteed for eternity