Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Unpublished Constantine II?  (Read 1941 times)

Offline leetoone

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Yorkshire, England
    • Lee Toone
Unpublished Constantine II?
« on: February 09, 2007, 05:32:53 pm »
Not so much an identification required, but information as to whether this type has been published before. It's a PLN Constantine II similar to RIC VII 197 and 198 but with the longer obverse legend CONSTANTINUS-IVNNOBILC - Have you come across an example of this variety before?

I would love to hear of other examples, with photos if possible or any other coins with this obverse legend.

Offline mauseus

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Ah Allectus, my trusted friend.......
    • Later Roman Coinage
Re: Unpublished Constantine II?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 07:22:42 pm »
Hi,

Looks scarce; not in CHRB 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, but I guess you'll have checked those already!

Regards,

Mauseus

Offline leetoone

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Yorkshire, England
    • Lee Toone
Re: Unpublished Constantine II?
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 10:27:54 am »
It's not in volume 1, 5 or 6 either  ;)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity