Classical Numismatics Discussion Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2014, 04:20:34 pm
Search Calendar Login Register

Recent Additions to Forum's Shop

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Forum (Moderator: goldenancients)  |  Topic: post a pic of you, updated 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: post a pic of you, updated  (Read 140601 times)
mwilson603
Caesar

« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2007, 06:47:37 pm »

Is this now the 'post a pic of anyone but you' thread?  Huh

Your comment is so true, and it amused me too.  Grin

Alex.

Ah but *Alex, at least Andreas has the backbone to post a pic of himself and, I assume, his partner.

That kind of qualifies him to comment on this thread, and the direction it is taking.

Where is your pic?  Huh evil
Johnny
Conservator Princeps, Comitia Curiata
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2007, 07:06:17 pm »

lol   you can just feel the love in here    Wink

*Alex
Procurator Caesaris
Quaestor
Caesar

Jupiter himself can't please everyone.

« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2007, 07:49:41 pm »

Hi mwilson,

My pic is still in the original post a pic of you, face unobscured by mask or bubbles.  laugh evil
It is a couple of years out of date but you don't want to see what the ravages of time have done in the intervening period.  Grin

Alex.

mwilson603
Caesar

« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2007, 02:43:05 am »

Hi mwilson,

My pic is still in the original post a pic of you, face unobscured by mask or bubbles.  laugh evil
It is a couple of years out of date but you don't want to see what the ravages of time have done in the intervening period.  Grin

Alex.

Ah ha, found it.  Fair enough, you have posted and I offer you full credit for that.  Grin  I can't believe that a couple of years will have done that much to you!  Reading Johnny's response I'm glad you took my response as a challenge and not an insult.  I had been aiming for good natured banter, although I can now see how that could have been misconstrued.

And I have posted an earlier one of me in this thread that is without mask or bubbles, but TBH I think obscuring my features with the scuba gear is probably kinder to most people.

Finally, Andreas' comment was funny.  However, as many of us will never meet, and the idea I believe was to put a face to the names, and maybe gain a little understanding of our fellow enthusiasts, I don't think posting a little around the subject header is such a bad thing.
areich
Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2007, 02:50:57 am »

Perhaps we could have a separate 'post a pic of your Mom' thread?
Or a 'member's moms' theme gallery?

His Star
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2007, 11:47:48 am »

Continuing with the current post a pic of anything but you theme, here is a photo of how I get to work!

Tell me, how do you land that little Cessna on an oil rig?  Shocked Grin
fordicus
Consul

« Reply #106 on: August 24, 2007, 01:38:09 pm »

While going through my uploaded photos I've realized that all of them involve some degree of drinking  Grin
Here's a (drunken) photo of me in St. Lucia last December

fordicus
Consul

« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2007, 01:43:21 pm »

here's a much better one with the (new) fiancee

Douglas
« Reply #108 on: September 06, 2007, 09:11:44 pm »

mwilson603, I sincerely hope that it's just the angle of the photograph, and your son isn't really laying his hands on that brain coral.
slokind
Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

Art is an experimental science

« Reply #109 on: September 06, 2007, 10:46:57 pm »

fordicus: Handsome couple, indeed, and congrats.  Pat L.
mwilson603
Caesar

« Reply #110 on: September 07, 2007, 01:24:27 am »

mwilson603, I sincerely hope that it's just the angle of the photograph, and your son isn't really laying his hands on that brain coral.

Trust me, it's the angle.  The reason I picked that particular coral was that there was a  sandy patch just large enough behind it to allow him to rest on the bottom and not risk drifting into anything delicate.

After seeing how some divers behave though, sadly I can understand why you felt the need to ask.  I had to stop one couple, nationality to remain secret, from trying to take live conch shells with them.  They even tried to drag a small moray out of a hole by it's tail to see it better. (If it had been a big one I might have left them to it and hoped it took a large chunk out of them)
Douglas
« Reply #111 on: September 07, 2007, 02:00:29 pm »

I just had to ask. Nice brain coral btw.

10 years ago when I was doing my open water for my certification in Honduras, a woman whose daughter was doing her open water with me was laying on the reef taking photos as we were going through our exercises. After we were in the dive boat the instructor ripped her a new one, not caring whether it was a client or not. There are some things you just don't do. The divemasters in these areas depend on the reef for their income, and don't need yahoos from New Jersey to wreck it. The woman's excuse was that it was hard to get steady to take photos. The instructor responded by telling her she had no business swimming so close to the reef if she couldn't control her buoyancy. She signed up for several lessons that week, and I hope she learned something.
Potator II
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Error communis facit jus

« Reply #112 on: September 12, 2007, 02:16:39 am »

Hi,

My wife and I, visiting Miletos, Turkey last April
Regards

Matthew Raica
Comitia Curiata II
Consul

« Reply #113 on: September 25, 2007, 11:32:35 am »

Wow, I disappear for a while and there's a whole new thread of pics!  I guess I can update.... I'll throw some more up later

Pic's a couple months old, while I was searching for a new job in Seattle.
His Star
« Reply #114 on: September 26, 2007, 12:45:14 am »

cool you can see the needles eye. . .
Seattle was one of my favorite layovers when I flew. . .
did you get the job?  You looked very nice.
I am surprised at how many people go to interviews in old t-shirts and blue jeans with holes.
Ardatirion
Caesar

Veni, vidi, vomui.

« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2007, 08:24:41 am »

This being Halloween, I went to Latin class today dressed as Elegabalus.  Grin

PeterD
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

omnium curiositatum explorator

« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2007, 11:03:52 am »

I hope no one was rude enough to call you "d**k -head"  Undecided

Peter, London

Historia: A collection of coins with their historical context http://www.forumancientcoins.com/historia
Nico
« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2007, 12:50:27 pm »

me in a croatian amphitheather during the excavation
Nico
« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2007, 12:52:17 pm »

my wife and daughter (2 years ago) also in croatia
Nico
« Reply #119 on: October 31, 2007, 12:53:37 pm »

and me again during fishing (also in croatia Wink)
basemetal
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2007, 03:46:11 pm »

Great pictures Nico!

The one in the amphitheatre  has you looking as if thinking:

"Gee, go away for for just one weekend to Cicillia and the whole place goes to hell. And where is my chariot?" Wink

Bruce
basemetal
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2007, 07:08:45 pm »

Me, Basemetal, the posts and threads made flesh.
Nico
« Reply #122 on: November 01, 2007, 02:24:32 pm »

Great pictures Nico!

The one in the amphitheatre  has you looking as if thinking:

"Gee, go away for for just one weekend to Cicillia and the whole place goes to hell. And where is my chariot?" Wink

Bruce

I'm still searching it.... Wink
Matthew Raica
Comitia Curiata II
Consul

« Reply #123 on: November 01, 2007, 10:08:40 pm »

cool you can see the needles eye. . .
Seattle was one of my favorite layovers when I flew. . .
did you get the job?  You looked very nice.
I am surprised at how many people go to interviews in old t-shirts and blue jeans with holes.

Didn't actually do any interviews this trip.  Just searching out possibilities.  The Marine Corps has decided it won't issue me new knees to replace the torn up ones I have, so it's time to move on.  Grin I still have no idea what the heck I am going to do.  I'm just looking it the Pacific Northwest as that's where I'd like to relocate to.  Anyone up there looking for a prior Marine with a BA in ancient history and classical studies?  I can figure out just about any job I need to, just looking for something new where I can settle in to a long-term career!
AdonisRock
Consul

« Reply #124 on: November 10, 2007, 01:48:34 am »

Why not.. her is myself (showing my softer side haha) my wife-to-be and my little boy celebrating his first birthday (can't forget the inflatable Dalek on the right!).  Now hopefully the addition of Romanian blood to my family will allow me to live over in eastern europe for a while one day.  All i need is a tent and a metal detector.  Grin Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 45 Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Forum (Moderator: goldenancients)  |  Topic: post a pic of you, updated « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop