Classical Numismatics Discussion Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2014, 12:18:41 pm
Search Calendar Login Register

Recent Additions to Forum's Shop

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Forum (Moderator: goldenancients)  |  Topic: post a pic of you, updated 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: post a pic of you, updated  (Read 139973 times)
waltzmustang
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2007, 03:35:29 pm »

ive been around for a little while and only just found this thread...

this pic is of me with my civilian friends, im on the right

and a pic with my Marines, en route to Iraq, 2005
His Star
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2007, 03:41:52 pm »

"pic with my Marines, en route to Iraq, 2005"

Hmmm.... I notice a lot of "big dogs" in here... Do they collect ancient coins too?  Kiss

Nice looking group of big dogs!  Give them my very best, we support our
people in the military. . .thank you for your service.
dpaul7
Caesar

Acta est fabula, plaudite!

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2007, 04:12:00 pm »

Hi all --

I KNOW I will regret this... Here is me making a visit to my office at the newspaper in a slightly "different" capacity than normal.

Dave R. - dpaul7

Age. Fac ut gaudeam.
Aliena nobis, nostra plus aliis placent
http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=17252
His Star
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2007, 08:31:11 pm »

Hi all --

I KNOW I will regret this... Here is me making a visit to my office at the newspaper in a slightly "different" capacity than normal.

Dave R. - dpaul7

Ha!  Were you preparing to perform an Exorcism on the woman next to you?
Potator II
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Error communis facit jus

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2007, 04:09:47 am »

Or is it Pope art ?  Grin

Regards
Potator

His Star
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2007, 10:55:56 am »

Or is it Pope art ?  Grin

Regards
Potator

HA!  Now that was funny! Grin
Robert_Brenchley
Comitia Curiata X
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Honi soit qui mal y pense.

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2007, 03:57:22 pm »

Maybe the Coptic Pope? Those robes have an Orthodox look to them.

Robert Brenchley

My gallery: http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10405
Fiat justitia ruat caelum
dpaul7
Caesar

Acta est fabula, plaudite!

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2007, 05:33:18 pm »

Hi!

Certainly not Coptic!
I just was trying to save those poor sinners I work with, but gave up as a lost cause!

dpaul7

Age. Fac ut gaudeam.
Aliena nobis, nostra plus aliis placent
http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=17252
fordicus
Consul

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2007, 11:59:18 am »

nice schnauzers, I grew up with two salt and pepper miniature schnauzers and can't wait to get another one

Quote from: His Star on March 05, 2007, 09:37:13 pm
For fear of totally derailing this thread, I will post another pic of myself in this post to be on topic  Wink

So, my topical contribution, with dogs...

Oh how adorable, cute dogs too, so glad to see not a bomb strapped on any of you! Wink
Here are my four, yes, count them FOUR. . .we breed miniature schnauzers.  And not one of them has served in the military, although the silver one could, she can be so fiesty and a real bad a . . .
hum, maybe I should say tail. . .or to stay with the coin theme. . .a real bad reverse!

The black one is my male, Siggy, the Silver is Sophie, the salt and pepper is Sadie, she is the new mom to our new addition Suessee Seychelles.

Very interesting story about the dog being drafted!!!  I had never heard of that.

curtislclay
Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2007, 12:13:34 pm »

Mark F,

Two questions about your grandparents' dog.

Was that the US Army he was drafted into?

Did he recognize your grandparents upon his return after discharge?

Curtis Clay
Robin Ayers
Caesar

Ms. arizonarobin :)

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2007, 01:06:23 pm »

No dogs here  Undecided  But what about an adorable fuzzy?

My lil fert Shadow, and me after much fussing

black-prophet
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2007, 02:00:16 pm »

I haven't posted an updated picture in awhile so I thought I'd share some.Other than my family and coins this is my true passion...and My job for the last 22 years.

Arrows point to yours truly

1.Shows a roof that me and my crew were trapped on after getting cut off from our ground ladder.
2.The improvised bridging ladder we used to get to an adjacent roof.
3.Me safely on the other side-tragically the bridging ladder tipped and dumped my 2 partners over 20 feet to the ground.
    They would spend several weeks in the hospital and it ended the career of one of them.
4.Setting up for roof operations and top side vent.
5.Getting off quickly after a top side vent.
6.Setting up the "Big Stick" at a house fire.
7.Drug houses burn HOT
8.Me and "the boys" They are a little rough around the edges, but than again, how many friends are willing to die for you.
Dapsul
Caesar

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2007, 02:43:11 pm »

Well, nearly as dangerous as this is Cologne Karneval. See this, taken a few weeks ago and, beware, the most recent pic of me I think.

Frank
slokind
Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

Art is an experimental science

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2007, 04:28:06 pm »

Dapsul:  Who'd have thunk it!
Pat L.
His Star
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2007, 04:39:30 pm »

No dogs here  Undecided  But what about an adorable fuzzy?

My lil fert Shadow, and me after much fussing

Ha!  Me and my shadow!  How cute!  You are a beautiful lady! 

I just finished a production of As You Like It, set in the late 60's - early 70's.  The director equated Nixon to one of Dukes. . .Huh  They took the part of Adam, (97 year old servant) and made it Eva.  Another role with makeup that takes about 30 minutes to put on!

Mark Farrell
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2007, 04:42:40 pm »

Curtis -- RE my grandparents dog (his name was Pal and he was a big airdale).

Yes, it was the US Army. Yes, he recognized them -- according to stories my grandmother told, he acted like a little puppy on his return. His behavior didn't change around members of the family. Apparently, though, he was somewhat defensive and stoic around strangers from that point on. My grandmother would laugh and say that he was "standing guard!".

I just called my mother and she has the packet of papers the Army gave my grandparents. I remember a tongue-in-cheek discharge paper, but that may be a faulty memory on my part. She isn't sure where it is, but she knows she has it. She's going to look for it and have my sister photocopy the materials and with then either mail them to me or fax them. I've wanted these for a while just because is is a good tale. If I get them before the Chicago coin show, I will bring them with me. Otherwise, I'll let you know when I get electronic copies and will email them to you, if you are interested.

Just curious, but why were you asking?

Mark
His Star
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2007, 04:44:37 pm »

nice schnauzers, I grew up with two salt and pepper miniature schnauzers and can't wait to get another one]

Thank you, they are very smart!  The only dog I have seen that talks!  If you have had them you understand what I mean!  I do love my pups!
His Star
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2007, 04:48:38 pm »

I haven't posted an updated picture in awhile so I thought I'd share some.Other than my family and coins this is my true passion...and My job for the last 22 years.

3.Me safely on the other side-tragically the bridging ladder tipped and dumped my 2 partners over 20 feet to the ground.
    They would spend several weeks in the hospital and it ended the career of one of them.

Incredible photos!  Another group of real heros!

curtislclay
Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2007, 05:11:05 pm »

Mark,

Thanks, just two questions that occurred to me on rereading your story. 

I had originally assumed that it might have been the British army and your grandparents were British, since Britain was in greater danger so might seem more likely to draft even housepets!

Curtis

Curtis Clay
Mark Farrell
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2007, 05:23:57 pm »

Ahem, uh, ArizonaRobin, like, uh, WOW! I know, I know, all men are pigs, but well, oink, oink!

Here's a photo of me from four years ago teaching a palm tree a lesson. It is still, and may always be, my favorite photo. Four years later I am greyer, somewhat thicker of body, but still filled with attitude.

This photo was taken in Jacksonville, FL after three of us (all amputees) just finished a cross-country bicycle ride (rode as a team, so each put in 40-60 miles a day). We began in Seattle and 57 days later hit the Atlantic ocean in Florida. Visited a bunch of rehap centers along the way, did serious sampling of BBQ in many states, and generally made fools of ourselves.

Go here if you want some chills, it's the final day's writeup of our journey (we kept a daily, online journal, sort of an early blog):  http://www.amputeesacrossamerica.org/aaa2003/journals/jul25.htm.

Enjoy,

Mark
black-prophet
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2007, 10:42:52 pm »

Yeah thats was pretty much it Scipio,There were no exposures or life hazard.All the heavy lifting had been done in terms of stretching Big lines and securing a water supply.We were just waiting for the water to start flowing which began about 10 seconds after my partner snapped this picture.Oh and as far as the house goes, hey at least we saved the basement  Grin.

Mark F. clicked on your link -wow! what an incredible journey.I bet you have some amazing memories from this trip,I am truly impressed.(as to your picture--Ironic that you chose a palm tree)

You know as I look back through the archives of this thread seeing and reading about all the incredible people, their exploits and experiences not to mention the diversity of ages and culture. I think we can put to rest the notion of the ancient coin collector as a stodgy old curmudgeon ,holed up in his dusty ,poorly lit library, surrounded by Numismatic books and literature poring over his latest aquisitions.Although I am not sure about Curtislclay  Shocked  ......kidding,I'm kidding.So a toast to a really great group of fun and interesting people."Go out and Live."
His Star
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2007, 02:23:17 pm »

You know as I look back through the archives of this thread seeing and reading about all the incredible people, their exploits and experiences not to mention the diversity of ages and culture. I think we can put to rest the notion of the ancient coin collector as a stodgy old curmudgeon ,holed up in his dusty ,poorly lit library, surrounded by Numismatic books and literature poring over his latest aquisitions.

Well said, that is what I saw also!  Very diverse and INTERESTING group of collectors.
otlichnik
Comitia Curiata
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2007, 06:46:55 am »

In Bosnia a few years back.  1) Me as helicopter passenger.  2) The view (castle at Old Travnik north of Sarajevo) out the open door and between my feet.

SC
(Shawn Caza, Vienna)
mwilson603
Caesar

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2007, 03:47:03 am »

I can't claim the heroics of some of you guys, and we thank you again for what you do.

I will say that it does take some courage to wear this shirt though! and not an insubstantial amount to manage 4 lively kids  Smiley (arizonarobin, if my daughters grow up as beautiful as yourself I would never manage to keep the local suitors away!)

And before you ask, the red face was a combination of fine wine and a Cuban sun, that whilst very pleasant, took my pale British skin some time to get used to.

Mark Farrell
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2007, 07:21:08 am »

Beautiful kiddos, Mark. We are all so, so very grateful they take after their mother.

LOL

Mark
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 45 Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Forum (Moderator: goldenancients)  |  Topic: post a pic of you, updated « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop