Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Medieval, Islamic and Crusader Coins (Moderators: AlexB, quadrans)  |  Topic: Islamic figural bronze ID help 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Islamic figural bronze ID help  (Read 640 times)
Howard Cole
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Elymais forever!

« on: January 14, 2007, 05:21:41 pm »

I thought this would be an easy coin to identify, but I have been proven wrong.  I have looked in my references for figural bronzes (at least 5 different ones) and I can't find it.  The coin weighs 11.58 gm and is 27.5 mm in size.

Howard Cole
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Elymais forever!

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 03:18:33 pm »

Got the coin identified.  I was identified by at Lutz Ilisch the University of Tubingen.

This is a fals from Irbil of Muzaffar ad-din Kukburi (Gökböri), dated 
587 H. after his exchange of Harran for Irbil with Saladin.
The coin is quite rare, although published several times.

bakkar
Caesar

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 12:12:19 pm »

a great find. Congradulations Howard.
This will be an interesting addition to any figural coins
collection.

regards
bakkar
Howard Cole
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Elymais forever!

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 08:39:56 pm »

Thank you bakkar.  I just wish it was mine, but at last, it belongs to some one else.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Medieval, Islamic and Crusader Coins (Moderators: AlexB, quadrans)  |  Topic: Islamic figural bronze ID help « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop