Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. Point with your mouse on a coin in the RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS to see the the price. Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Checkout includes a layaway option. All items in our shop are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Parthian and Other Eastern Coins (Moderator: Howard Cole)  |  Topic: Persia silver coi? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Persia silver coi?  (Read 998 times)
q1971
« on: January 12, 2007, 11:13:09 am »

28 mm, 4.2 g
Robert_Brenchley
Comitia Curiata X
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Honi soit qui mal y pense.

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 12:23:07 pm »

It's a drachm of Khusro II, mint AW. I've moved it over to the appropriate board.

Robert Brenchley

My gallery: http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10405
Fiat justitia ruat caelum
Howard Cole
IMPERATOR
Caesar

Elymais forever!

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 04:12:29 pm »

This is not a coin of Khursro II, but of Kavad I, second reign, 498-531 AD.  The mint is AW (some references list it as AU), Ahwaz.  I can't read the date completely, but I think it might be year 37.

tkmallon
Procurator Caesaris
Consul

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 03:20:56 pm »

Kavad, AW, year 17 or 18 (or 14 if that's a 'c' before the 'h').

tom

Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop