Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: COTD-Social Wars  (Read 880 times)

Offline Marius

• Consul
    • 249-253AD  Four Bad Years
COTD-Social Wars
« on: December 28, 2006, 09:26:17 pm »
This one was recently bought by a friend of mine in Italy - these denarii of the Italian Social War (struck by the Marsic Confederation) are so historically interesting.  I think Campana wrote that there were six brockages that he knew of in his exhaustive study.
Richard Marius Beale
Four Bad Years:  http://sonic.net/~marius1/mysite/

Offline Gilgamesh

• Consul
  • I came, I saw, I'm still looking.
Re: COTD-Social Wars
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 10:12:56 pm »
 ;D Thanks for posting the images. First brockage I've actually seen of a Marsian piece.
Every day I know less and less about more and more. Soon I expect to know nothing about everything.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity