Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Ottoman Coin Training is back  (Read 848 times)

Offline Istinpolin

• Caesar
Ottoman Coin Training is back
« on: December 13, 2006, 06:02:55 pm »
Dear Friends

The Ottoman coin training is back. The same applies here like in the old ones.
One coin is easy, the other medium in difficulty, and one of them will be very hard.

I will this time write explain the coins using colours and highlighting dates and mints and names where appropriate after the quiz is over.

Good luck

Manzikert

Re: Ottoman Coin Training is back
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 06:30:34 pm »
Hi Burak

No-one else seems to want to try so I will have a go:

1. Manghir, Suleyman I, Adilcevaz mint 926 AH (accesion date). This I assume to be the difficult one, but I was lucky with it.

2. Zolota, Suleyman II, Constantinople mint, 1099 H (accession date)

3. Onluk, Ahmed III, Tiflis mint, 1115 AH (accesion date). I really like the flower and leaves above the tugrah on this one.

Best wishes

Alan

All coins are guaranteed for eternity