Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: I need help with this coin from 1694  (Read 1829 times)

kameleon

I need help with this coin from 1694
« on: December 08, 2006, 12:32:55 pm »
I need help with this coin. Can anyone give me a description of this coin. Who is on the coin, what mean this emblem end where I can find more about it. Legend:
COM.PALAT.RHENI.BAV.I.C.M.D. 1694
FRANC.LUDOV.D.G.EPISC.WRATISL

sid

Re: I need help with this coin from 1694
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 10:19:48 pm »
If you can read French, here's an example of your coin
http://www.cgb.fr/monnaies/vso/v07/v070189.html

And a machine translation of the French
"1505. Fifteen kreutzer, on 1694, Breslau, (Nysa), (Ar, 29 mm ., 12 h, 5,83 g.) ()
Has / FRANC. LUDOV. D: G. - EPISC. WRATISL.. (François-Louis by the favour of God bishop of Breslau). Torso of François-Louis, without head-dress in chasuble to the right; below XV in a cartouche.
R / MR PALAT . RHE-NI. BAV. I.G. Mr D. - 16-94. Scalloped ecu overcome by an episcopal hat, binding a stick and a sword.
edge: slick, M / LPH =? Kopicki 6953 (R3). Regular wear. Rare type. Highway."

kameleon

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 09:15:12 am »
I m very grateful for this information. I have one question: do you know how many FF (I suppose Franch Franc, that is mentioned on this site) is euro?

Offline PeterD

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • omnium curiositatum explorator
    • Historia
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 10:57:38 am »
Peter, London

Historia: A collection of coins with their historical context https://www.forumancientcoins.com/historia

All coins are guaranteed for eternity