Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Medieval, Islamic and Crusader Coins (Moderators: AlexB, quadrans)  |  Topic: Help with gold ducat 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help with gold ducat  (Read 622 times)
gallienus1
Caesar

Hope for the best but prepare for the worst

« on: December 12, 2006, 03:15:17 am »

I bought this coin which looks like a copy of a Venetian gold ducat. The dealer said it dated from 1346-64 and was struck by Robert of Anjou in Achaia. I have not been able to find any information on such an issue and would appreciate if anyone can confirm if the dealer's description is accurate.

Thanks,
Steve
yafet_rasnal
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 04:16:57 am »

You can compare your coin to the ones here

http://www.coinarchives.com/w/results.php?results=1000&search=achaia
gallienus1
Caesar

Hope for the best but prepare for the worst

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 05:03:41 am »

Thank you very much Yafet. I was a little out of my depth with this one. My main collecting area is ancients and except for some Byzantine pieces have relatively few medieval coins.

Kind regards,
Steve
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Medieval, Islamic and Crusader Coins (Moderators: AlexB, quadrans)  |  Topic: Help with gold ducat « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop