Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Medieval, Islamic and Crusader Coins (Moderators: AlexB, quadrans)  |  Topic: need help with more islamic ID's 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: need help with more islamic ID's  (Read 747 times)
Bamba123
Caesar

« on: December 08, 2006, 12:22:48 pm »

these are the other three coins I got in a batch containing the other Islamic coins so graciously IDed.  I just hate the thought of tossing anything of any value to other collectors.  So thank you in advance.
coin 5

If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door

http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1844
mernumis
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 10:42:49 am »

I think you need to check the abbasid section in zeno.ru ... happy new year, Frank.
Nassif
Caesar

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 01:31:01 am »

Hi;
I t could be Umayyad issue,check Al Mosul coinage under Al Dahak Ibn Akamah,rebel governor of Mosul AH 128.
I am in Holidays,i don't have all my references....
Happy new year.
nassif
bakkar
Caesar

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 12:16:17 pm »

This is Umayyad coin. The governor is al-Qatiran  bin Akmah,
the last umayyad governor of al-Mawsil city before the Abbasid
revelution of al dahhak who seized the city.
scarce coin
best wishes
Bakkar
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Medieval, Islamic and Crusader Coins (Moderators: AlexB, quadrans)  |  Topic: need help with more islamic ID's « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop