Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Zangid coin?????  (Read 1320 times)

Offline dpaul7

• Consul
  • Acta est fabula, plaudite!
    • FORVM GALLERIES
Zangid coin?????
« on: December 01, 2006, 09:01:41 pm »
Hello!

I am attaching a scan of a coin I believe might be Zangid. (It looks similar to another one I have). Sadly, I am a total dunce when it comes to these coins... I am trying to learn what to look for, etc. Any help is appreciated!

dpaul7
Age. Fac ut gaudeam.
Aliena nobis, nostra plus aliis placent
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=17252

Manzikert

Re: Zangid coin?????
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 05:07:17 pm »
Hi dpaul7

It is Ayyubid, Al-Aziz Uthman (585-589 H/ 1193-1199 AD) Damascus, probably 594 H/ 1198 AD, Balog 222

Best wishes

Alan

Offline dpaul7

• Consul
  • Acta est fabula, plaudite!
    • FORVM GALLERIES
Re: Zangid coin?????
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 06:22:33 pm »
Alan --

Many thanks!  Now that the coin is ID'd - I can see comparable issues online!  The Islamic coins I have posted came in a lot of "uncleaned coins of the Holy Land".

I've sort of gotten turned off to those types of lots.... at least until I learn more!

Again, many, many thanks for your sharing!

dpaul7
Age. Fac ut gaudeam.
Aliena nobis, nostra plus aliis placent
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=17252

All coins are guaranteed for eternity