Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Medieval, Islamic and Crusader Coins (Moderators: AlexB, quadrans)  |  Topic: Zangid coin????? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Zangid coin?????  (Read 970 times)
dpaul7
Consul

Acta est fabula, plaudite!

« on: December 01, 2006, 07:01:41 pm »

Hello!

I am attaching a scan of a coin I believe might be Zangid. (It looks similar to another one I have). Sadly, I am a total dunce when it comes to these coins... I am trying to learn what to look for, etc. Any help is appreciated!

dpaul7

Age. Fac ut gaudeam.
Aliena nobis, nostra plus aliis placent
http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=17252
Manzikert
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 03:07:17 pm »

Hi dpaul7

It is Ayyubid, Al-Aziz Uthman (585-589 H/ 1193-1199 AD) Damascus, probably 594 H/ 1198 AD, Balog 222

Best wishes

Alan
dpaul7
Consul

Acta est fabula, plaudite!

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 04:22:33 pm »

Alan --

Many thanks!  Now that the coin is ID'd - I can see comparable issues online!  The Islamic coins I have posted came in a lot of "uncleaned coins of the Holy Land".

I've sort of gotten turned off to those types of lots.... at least until I learn more!

Again, many, many thanks for your sharing!

dpaul7

Age. Fac ut gaudeam.
Aliena nobis, nostra plus aliis placent
http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=17252
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Medieval, Islamic and Crusader Coins (Moderators: AlexB, quadrans)  |  Topic: Zangid coin????? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop