Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: one of my favorite threads  (Read 1434 times)

His Star

one of my favorite threads
« on: October 13, 2006, 10:56:16 pm »
I'm sure bandwidth has to be considered, but hated to see one of my favorite threads locked!  The post a picture was a delight.  I enjoyed seeing the collectors as much as their collections.
Here is one of the reasons I have not been able to be as active in the forum as I like.  I am playing Mrs. Lovette from Sweeney Todd.  (Singing Little Priest), I did my own makeup!  Three more semesters and I hope to be finished.  Classes, rehearsals, either in a play or working back stage.  One of my favorite coins is my Elizabeth coin, it could have been used by someone to pay to see a Shakespeare play at the original globe theater!

Offline ecoli

• Caesar
  • Every coin is sacred, every coin is great.
Re: one of my favorite threads
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 12:56:48 am »
Looks like you need a hug there. 

Always admire someone who can stand on a stage and deliver...and unlike politicians, all we have to pay is a ticket.

Offline arizonarobin

• Caesar
  • Ms. arizonarobin :)
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 02:08:21 am »
I'm sure bandwidth has to be considered, but hated to see one of my favorite threads locked!  The post a picture was a delight.
I agree but as you said I'm sure there is a reason

Love the picture- and I always admire someone who can get on stage and shine.  I'm the shy type who would turn red and pass out.  :)

AncientCoins

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 09:36:20 pm »
But could we please have the reason why this thread was locked?  I, for one, really enjoyed it....  I'm assuming its bandwidth, but who knows.

Andrew

His Star

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 12:49:41 am »
I don't know if I can express this right, but I was thinking about how you get an image in your head about things.  Such as people that are dubbed 'computer nerds' and I guess without realizing it I had an image of people that collect coins or stamps.  Being able to meet each of you through the post a pic thread made me realize the beauty of the collection is just a reflection of the beauty of the collector!  There is such an age range, and a talent range (and a hobby range) in this group, but you all seem to have one thing in common, the love of life and the love of beauty.  I am glad the thread was started, and very glad I was able to meet each of you.  Maybe there can be an adjustment in the size of the images uploaded for that thread to keep it going and also respect bandwidth.  Or not?  Whichever, open or closed, the thread shows this must be the most beautiful forum on the internet!

Offline areich

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek and Roman Coins, featuring BMC online and other books
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 01:17:48 am »
We could start a theme gallery::)
Andreas Reich

Offline *Alex

• Tribunus Plebis 2022
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Etiam Iovis omnibus placere non possunt.
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 06:30:06 am »
Perhaps it's not so much the bandwidth as the fact that "post a pic" had nothing to do with ancient coins.
I also liked to occasionally "nose" around the "post a pic of you" thread and, although Joe certainly has every right to lock whatever thread he may choose, I agree that an explanation would have been nice.   :angel:

Alex.

P.S. The unknown reason for locking "Post a pic" might also apply to a theme gallery on the subject ...  :-\

Offline Scotvs Capitis

• Conservator Princeps
  • Caesar
  • This space intentionally left blank
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 11:16:40 am »
I loved it too, its great to be able to get to know our fellow collectors. I am also an advocate of general off-topic discussion forums.
SCOTVS CAPITIS - Hovstonoplis Tex
(Scott Head, TX)
My Gallery

All coins are guaranteed for eternity