Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Help on a crusader.  (Read 1016 times)

bobgreen

Help on a crusader.
« on: October 23, 2006, 08:19:23 pm »
Dear Forum,

I have some crusaders that I have pulled from uncleans that I need help on….I can find nothing anywhere to attribute them to a place, time, or ruler. This one is silver…size 14mm. I do not have a scale to give you a weight.

Thank you,
bob

Manzikert

Re: Help on a crusader.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 08:53:15 pm »
Hi

This is a carzia from Cyprus, a small billon coin issued under Venetian rule, this one under Gerolamo Priuli, doge from 1559-1567

Obv. Lion rampant left, +S. MARCVS. VENETVS round (starting at 10 o'clock)
Rev. Cross, + HIERON PRIOLI DVX round (starting at the left arm of the cross)

Best wishes

Alan

bobgreen

Re: Help on a crusader.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 11:30:15 pm »
Hi Manzikert,

Thank you very much!

bob

All coins are guaranteed for eternity