Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Le Rider  (Read 886 times)

Offline Reid Goldsborough

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • Coins
Le Rider
« on: October 18, 2006, 07:44:04 pm »
Anybody read Georges Le Rider's 2003 book Alexandre Le Grand: Monnaie, finances et politique? I was taking a look at it in a local university library yesterday. It's in French, so I can make out only relatively little of it. I seem to recall reading (don't remember where) that Le Rider attributed to Susa and Seleuceia some of the Alexander tetradrachms that Price attributed to Babylon. Anybody know if this is true, and if so, what was his rationale? I know that Price expressed uncertainty about Babylon, that his Group Two 'Babylon' tets (Price 3599-3685) might have actually beed issued at Susa, and that all the coins he attributed tentatively to 'Babylon' might have been issued instead at Susa or Ectabana. Would Price 3620/Müller 697 and Price 3722/Müller 727 be among those that Le Rider differed with Price on, if he differed? Thanks.
oldestcoins.reidgold.com
athenianowlcoins.reidgold.com
alexanderthegreatcoins.reidgold.com
medusacoins.reidgold.com
thracecoins.reidgold.com

All coins are guaranteed for eternity