Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Medieval, Islamic and Crusader Coins (Moderators: AlexB, quadrans)  |  Topic: Unidentified Islamic Coin 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Unidentified Islamic Coin  (Read 800 times)
Ed Bear
Praetorian

« on: October 08, 2006, 02:03:07 pm »

Hi - I assume this is Islamic?  It came from a batch of Croatians, and has clearly been fastened to someone's clothing at some point - perhaps a pilgrimage or crusades souvenir?

Any information at all would be appreciated!  I don't have a scale handy but it is quite thin and light, 12 mm.
lv88
Consul

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 05:27:10 pm »

Ottoman copper, maybe mangir of Qostantiniye?Huh 
Ed Bear
Praetorian

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 06:04:29 pm »

Great!  Thanks for that, as I really had no idea where to start at all.

Cheers.
Istinpolin
Consul

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 12:10:27 pm »

hi

Levon is right

Ottoman AE Mangir Suleyman II (1099AH) mint is not legible.
Ed Bear
Praetorian

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 12:18:08 am »

Wow - thanks.  This has started me poking around on sites connected with Islamic coins, and there's clearly a vast world of material out there yet to know!  I appreciate the help.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Medieval, Islamic and Crusader Coins (Moderators: AlexB, quadrans)  |  Topic: Unidentified Islamic Coin « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop