Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Why do you collect Islamic Coins  (Read 1228 times)

Offline Istinpolin

• Caesar
Why do you collect Islamic Coins
« on: June 23, 2006, 02:58:22 pm »
Dear Friends

This question has been bugging me for quite some time.

Why do you collect Islamic Coins?

There are many Americans I know who collect them and I was wondering how they started up with such an interest, if you know what I mean. It would be interesting to know your story.

Best wishes,
Burak

Offline Cleisthenes

• Comitia Curiata II
  • Caesar
  • "not unlike a clamberer on a steep cliff," Newman
    • Swimmin' Lessons
Re: Why do you collect Islamic Coins
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 10:57:27 pm »
Dear Friends

This question has been bugging me for quite some time.

Why do you collect Islamic Coins?

There are many Americans I know who collect them and I was wondering how they started up with such an interest, if you know what I mean. It would be interesting to know your story.

Best wishes,
Burak

Burak,

My interest in Islamic coins is recent and comes as a result of being lucky enough to have lived and worked in Cairo for four years (1997-2001).  During my time in Cairo I fell in love with the richness of Islamic culture.  My Islamic collection is focused on the Ayyubid Dynasty--not surprising when you consider the role Egypt played in the life of Salah Ad-Din Yusuf Ibn Ayyub!

Take care,
Jim (Clesithenes)
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Nullum Gratuitum Prandium!
"Flamma fumo est proxima!"--Plautus
 :Chi-Rho:

All coins are guaranteed for eternity