Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Coinage of Ahmed III  (Read 1145 times)

Offline Istinpolin

• Caesar
Coinage of Ahmed III
« on: May 28, 2006, 10:08:02 pm »
Hi Levon

The signatures are not that rare as some sellers portrait it very often.

Below you can see some more out of my collection.

I have also added 3 different Paras by Ahmed III. One is minted in Qstantaniyye, the other minted as Islambol and the last one bears Qstantaniyye as the mint but is handstruck. The last one is pretty rare.

If you have questions on Ahmed III please let me know.

Burak

Offline lv88

• Consul
    • Armenian Numismatic Page
Re: Coinage of Ahmed III
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 04:07:20 pm »
Thanks for the informative response. BTW, do you have Ahmeds eastern issues in your collection (Caucusus/Iran) or they are of no interest to you?

Levon

Offline Istinpolin

• Caesar
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 04:33:08 pm »
Hi Levon

Unfortunately, I do not have any such coins.

I have seen an AV Sultani Murad III minted in Nachcivan once. There are only 3 in the world of this coin. I wanted to buy it but the price was 20000 Euros. So that was that.

But you probably mean the Abbasis. Well there are plently but pricey for some reason. I dont have any of those but I hope to add some one day.

I have many eastern mints as Akces though but not from Ahmed III. I only collect up to Suleyman II, but have included some other coins too.

The paras above set the weight standards during Ahmed III. The reason why the weight standards of coins by Ahmed III is so complicated is because they are based on 3 different paras, adn that is why I have uploaded them.

Best wishes,
Burak

Offline lv88

• Consul
    • Armenian Numismatic Page
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 04:38:01 pm »
Yea, they are expensive. I saw Ahmed III from Tiflis sell for 60 dollars. Still upset that I did not even bid on it!

Levon

Offline Istinpolin

• Caesar
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 04:43:15 pm »
Yes, thats true

The only reason for such prices is because those coins are not offered often in the western market. There are some really cheap ones in the Middle East.

Burak

All coins are guaranteed for eternity