Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: How to publish unpublished coins?  (Read 1049 times)

Offline Istinpolin

• Caesar
How to publish unpublished coins?
« on: May 16, 2006, 09:47:43 am »
Dear Friends

I have an unpublished Ottoman AR Medini (2 Akce) minted in Mardin, 926AH.
Mardin Medini from 925AH, already are published, but the one I have is a new type and has never been published. It is not that there is one extra or omitted ornament, but the coin structure is all new and it looks like a commemorative coin.

How can I publish this coin? Thats the question.

I have yet not asked the Turkish Numismatic Association, as they still havent updated themselves to the internet era, if you know what I mean.

I know "the Captain" is writing a new reference book on the Ottoman Coins, but I can never get ahold of him.
Sorry I cannot give his real name.

Slobodan Srekovic has already published his series on Suleyman I Akces 2 years ago, and he specializes only on Akces.

Any help qould be recommended, as the coin is important.

Best wishes,
Burak

Offline esnible

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • gorgon coins
Re: How to publish unpublished coins?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 12:04:06 pm »
Try sending an email to Michael Bates, Islamic curator emiratus at the American Numismatic Society, asking his advice on where to publish.  He might be able to guide you through the process of getting your coin and a description of it in an important journal.

You might also ask on Yahoo's Islamic Coins group, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/islamic_coins/ , there are some real experts there.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity