Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Griechishe Münzen - Faszination und Geschichte  (Read 915 times)

KjetilK

Griechishe Münzen - Faszination und Geschichte
« on: January 20, 2006, 09:05:27 pm »
I got my copy of the "Griechische Münzen: Faszination und Geschichte" today. It's just a great book. Large 12 x 8,5 inches or 30,5 x 21,5 cm, heavy with 697 pages and many hundred color pictures of greek coins. I'm not fluent in german, I don't speak it and only read it with some difficulty, but this is an inspirational book. Typically systematic the autor goes from city to city explaning it's history and the coin types minted by the people there. This is not a catalogue so the images are selective, only one or a few types from each city. But I think it works as a educational book. For those who want something else than Kraay or Mørkholm, or as a supplement to them, I think this is the book.

The book is published by Fritz Rudolf Künker Numismatischer Verlag and costed me 48 euros.

Kjetil

All coins are guaranteed for eternity