Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Islamic AE15 ID Help  (Read 937 times)

Offline Pep

• Magistratus Optima Lege VI
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery
Islamic AE15 ID Help
« on: January 06, 2006, 05:41:01 am »
Hello,

I admit this one may be in pretty rough shape but hey, let's give it a chance, right? ;)  Actually, it's bad enough to where I have no idea about orientation and obverse/reverse.  Anything you can help with will be more than I currently know about it.

Thanks,

Kevin  :)

Measurements:  1.66g; 15.3mm; ?

Offline Istinpolin

• Caesar
Re: Islamic AE15 ID Help
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 08:24:01 am »
Hi

This is also an Ottoman Mangir. The style of it suggests that it is Mehmed II from his 2nd reign but after 850AH.

The mint cannot be read as the coin is too worn.

Best
Burak

Offline Pep

• Magistratus Optima Lege VI
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 09:57:06 am »
Thank you again Burak :)

Kevin

Offline Istinpolin

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 05:14:39 am »
Chances are high that the mint is Drna or Adrna for Edirne (modern Turkish) or Hadrianopolis (ancient name)

Burak

All coins are guaranteed for eternity