Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Ottoman Akce? ID Help  (Read 1114 times)

Offline Pep

• Magistratus Optima Lege VI
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery
Ottoman Akce? ID Help
« on: December 29, 2005, 07:54:34 am »
Hello,

I don't know much about this coin except the measurements below.  I think it is an Ottoman akce but the silver content seems pretty low by the color of the coin.  I also don't know if the first image is right side up.  If you can, please let me know it all:  orientation, which is the obverse and reverse, what it says, ruler, mint, reference number, all that stuff ;)

Thanks,

Kevin  :)

Measurements:  0.66g; 11.1mm; ?°

Offline Istinpolin

• Caesar
Re: Ottoman Akce? ID Help
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 08:26:20 am »
Hi

This is an Ottoman Akce, but I am not too sure if it is a contemporary forgery or just was minted with metal which was far too hot. In hand I would be able to tell more.

It is an Akce from the Murad II era minted in Novar.

Burak

Offline Pep

• Magistratus Optima Lege VI
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery
Re: Ottoman Akce? ID Help
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 09:49:57 am »
Hello Burak,

It was liberated from a chunk of concrete a few years ago via electrylosis, which I no longer use.  That is why it looks somewhat fried.  To me, I can actually see more in the picture :-\

Your ID is plenty given its condition, thank you :)

Kevin

All coins are guaranteed for eternity