Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: constantine II  (Read 1229 times)

Offline divo

• Consul
constantine II
« on: October 30, 2005, 10:38:55 pm »
Just zapped the worst german crud you ever saw off this coin.Was so surprised by the results I just had to share it.Hope this picture does it justice.
                         divo

Offline cscoppa

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • It's off to the races!!!!!!!!!
Re: constantine II
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 05:51:39 am »
Not a bad find........... even an "R2" at that.
Chip

PECVNIAE IMPERARE OPORTET NON SERVIRE
Money should be mastered, not served.
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=12

Offline slokind

• Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Art is an experimental science
    • An Art Historian's Numismatics Studies
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 12:53:25 pm »
Me gusta!  Even the wreath is constructed and rendered thoughtfully, and the portrait head is almost human.  Pat L.

Offline divo

• Consul
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 01:28:46 pm »
The R2 is a bonus but as Pat said it was the portrait that set me back in my seat.In hand the bronze toning that was left by the process makes the coin look just incredible.The blemish above the eye had a white rock cemented in with a mountain of very hard junk.
It is one of about twenty picked out so far,to be zapped. This is out of a 1000 german found lot I have purchased.I exspect to zap many more.Several have already hit the junk box.

divo

All coins are guaranteed for eternity