FORVM ANCIENT COINS
To the glory that was Greece
And the grandeur that was Rome
Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. Put your mouse on a coin in the RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS to see the the price. Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Coin of the Day (Moderator: LordBest)  |  Topic: 4 march coin of the day 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 4 march coin of the day  (Read 1189 times)
Alex
Augustus
IMPERATOR AVGVSTVS
Caesar

« on: March 04, 2003, 03:44:57 am »

Well I think i should post a coin of my own here Smiley  It is a very rare denarius of Domitian struck at the start of 88 A.D. and along other rare types forms a special issue to mark the new consulhip.   The portrait was executed not by the regular celators of denarii, but perhaps a bronze worker. Artiscally it is perhaps the finest i have.

My collection: www.DomitianCoins.info

LordBest: "if more of the emperors were empresses Rome would have been a better place"
LordBest
IMPERATOR
Caesar

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2003, 04:06:04 am »

Not half bad. Wink The Minerva I think is extremely lovely.
                               LordBest. Cool

http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10003

Young Fogey.

What Would Machiavelli Do?

Inter arma enim silent leges
- Cicero
Xerburous
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2003, 12:32:42 pm »

Well what can I say, Drool, slobber, "I'm wipeing my chin now" Lips Sealed
woow.  This is indeed a very Artistic and well exicuted coin. Must have been a bronze celtor, It just looks like it should be larger than it is. Well I'll wait a bit to put up another, if i'm lucky i'll post one tonight Smiley should blow your socks off I think Smiley
Rugser
Deceased Member
Caesar

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2003, 01:35:44 pm »

Alex
I don't have words.... Shocked...few  coins to the world could hold up a comparison.  Grin Grin
Now I am ashamed show the my 4 Domitians.. Embarrassed Embarrassed  ...tomorrow goes to put again them in the ground..  Grin Grin

ser

Alex
Augustus
IMPERATOR AVGVSTVS
Caesar

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2003, 01:59:30 pm »

Thank you all  Cool

Rugser, dont put them back untill you take photos for my study ! Smiley

My collection: www.DomitianCoins.info

LordBest: "if more of the emperors were empresses Rome would have been a better place"
C. Caesar Germ.
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 05:24:36 pm »

That is an absolutely stunning coin.  Congratulations!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Coin of the Day (Moderator: LordBest)  |  Topic: 4 march coin of the day « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop