Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: 4 march coin of the day  (Read 2080 times)

Offline Alex

• Augustus
  • Caesar
4 march coin of the day
« on: March 04, 2003, 05:44:57 am »
Well I think i should post a coin of my own here :)  It is a very rare denarius of Domitian struck at the start of 88 A.D. and along other rare types forms a special issue to mark the new consulhip.   The portrait was executed not by the regular celators of denarii, but perhaps a bronze worker. Artiscally it is perhaps the finest i have.

Offline LordBest

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
Re:4 march coin of the day
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2003, 06:06:04 am »
Not half bad. ;) The Minerva I think is extremely lovely.
                               LordBest. 8)

Xerburous

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2003, 02:32:42 pm »
Well what can I say, Drool, slobber, "I'm wipeing my chin now" :-X
woow.  This is indeed a very Artistic and well exicuted coin. Must have been a bronze celtor, It just looks like it should be larger than it is. Well I'll wait a bit to put up another, if i'm lucky i'll post one tonight :) should blow your socks off I think :)

Offline Rugser

• Deceased Member
  • Caesar
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2003, 03:35:44 pm »
Alex
I don't have words.... :o...few  coins to the world could hold up a comparison.  ;D ;D
Now I am ashamed show the my 4 Domitians.. :-[ :-[  ...tomorrow goes to put again them in the ground..  ;D ;D

ser

Offline Alex

• Augustus
  • Caesar
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2003, 03:59:30 pm »
Thank you all  8)

Rugser, dont put them back untill you take photos for my study ! :)

C. Caesar Germ.

Re: 4 march coin of the day
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 07:24:36 pm »
That is an absolutely stunning coin.  Congratulations!

All coins are guaranteed for eternity