Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: 4 march coin of the day  (Read 2089 times)

Offline Alex

• Augustus
  • Caesar
4 march coin of the day
« on: March 04, 2003, 05:44:57 am »
Well I think i should post a coin of my own here :)  It is a very rare denarius of Domitian struck at the start of 88 A.D. and along other rare types forms a special issue to mark the new consulhip.   The portrait was executed not by the regular celators of denarii, but perhaps a bronze worker. Artiscally it is perhaps the finest i have.

Offline LordBest

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
Re:4 march coin of the day
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2003, 06:06:04 am »
Not half bad. ;) The Minerva I think is extremely lovely.
                               LordBest. 8)

Xerburous

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2003, 02:32:42 pm »
Well what can I say, Drool, slobber, "I'm wipeing my chin now" :-X
woow.  This is indeed a very Artistic and well exicuted coin. Must have been a bronze celtor, It just looks like it should be larger than it is. Well I'll wait a bit to put up another, if i'm lucky i'll post one tonight :) should blow your socks off I think :)

Offline Rugser

• Deceased Member
  • Caesar
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2003, 03:35:44 pm »
Alex
I don't have words.... :o...few  coins to the world could hold up a comparison.  ;D ;D
Now I am ashamed show the my 4 Domitians.. :-[ :-[  ...tomorrow goes to put again them in the ground..  ;D ;D

ser

Offline Alex

• Augustus
  • Caesar
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2003, 03:59:30 pm »
Thank you all  8)

Rugser, dont put them back untill you take photos for my study ! :)

C. Caesar Germ.

Re: 4 march coin of the day
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 07:24:36 pm »
That is an absolutely stunning coin.  Congratulations!

All coins are guaranteed for eternity