Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point with your mouse on a coin in the RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Roman Provincial Coins (Moderator: slokind)  |  Topic: Ephesus: :Greek_Gamma: or :Greek_Delta: Neocorate 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ephesus: :Greek_Gamma: or :Greek_Delta: Neocorate  (Read 537 times)
Automan
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

Silver and Gold? -Yuck!

« on: July 19, 2005, 01:28:47 am »

Perhaps someone with access to a good reference on Ephesus would care to take a look and see whether this coin was struck when the city had three (Greek_Gamma) or four  ( Greek_Delta) neocorates. I.e., does the rev legend read EFECIWN D NEWKORWN or EFECIWN G NEWKORWN?

Thanks,

Auto
Automan
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

Silver and Gold? -Yuck!

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 07:49:25 am »

It seems that all the sources point towards this being a gamma coin.

Auto
Roland Mueller
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 09:37:03 am »

On the original coin I can read EFECIWN and NEWKORWN. Between this name should be the G or D but, just on the oposite side is the CM and I am not able to see what ist is! I mean it is rather G than D.
Roland
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Roman Provincial Coins (Moderator: slokind)  |  Topic: Ephesus: :Greek_Gamma: or :Greek_Delta: Neocorate « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop