Classical Numismatics Discussion Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 15, 2014, 03:29:54 am
Search Calendar Login Register

Recent Additions to Forum's Shop

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Roman Provincial Coins (Moderator: slokind)  |  Topic: Ephesus: :Greek_Gamma: or :Greek_Delta: Neocorate 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ephesus: :Greek_Gamma: or :Greek_Delta: Neocorate  (Read 478 times)
Automan
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

Silver and Gold? -Yuck!

« on: July 19, 2005, 01:28:47 am »

Perhaps someone with access to a good reference on Ephesus would care to take a look and see whether this coin was struck when the city had three (Greek_Gamma) or four  ( Greek_Delta) neocorates. I.e., does the rev legend read EFECIWN D NEWKORWN or EFECIWN G NEWKORWN?

Thanks,

Auto
Automan
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

Silver and Gold? -Yuck!

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 07:49:25 am »

It seems that all the sources point towards this being a gamma coin.

Auto
Roland M
Consul

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 09:37:03 am »

On the original coin I can read EFECIWN and NEWKORWN. Between this name should be the G or D but, just on the oposite side is the CM and I am not able to see what ist is! I mean it is rather G than D.
Roland

Roland Mueller's variable site of travels, nature and coins:

http://www.odophil.ch/
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Roman Provincial Coins (Moderator: slokind)  |  Topic: Ephesus: :Greek_Gamma: or :Greek_Delta: Neocorate « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop