Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Anepigraphic!  (Read 1712 times)

oerlikon20mm

Anepigraphic!
« on: March 20, 2005, 06:48:33 am »
Just picked these beauty's up! 

Offline cscoppa

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • It's off to the races!!!!!!!!!
Re:Anepigraphic!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 08:29:23 am »
VERY nice coins......... Interesting , there are six series in this set of coins. Three (wreath, star and star with crescent under) without the pellet under the exergue line and the same three with a pellet under the exergue.

Interesting break down of who's coins were included with each marking

Wreath (with and without pellet under exergue) Constantine I as Aug.
Star (with and without pellet under exergue) Crispus, Constantine II and Constantius II all as Ceasar
Star with crescent (with and without pellet) Fausta as Augusta
Star with crescent (with pellet) Helena as Augusta (I suppect that there is one without the pellet too, but it has not been recorded as of yet)

Once again the crescent under something denotes the female side of the family.
Chip

PECVNIAE IMPERARE OPORTET NON SERVIRE
Money should be mastered, not served.
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=12

Offline PYL

• Praetorian
  • PYL
Re: Anepigraphic!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 11:57:33 am »
I love anepigraphic coins!

I don't resist to show you mine.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity