Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. Point with your mouse on a coin in the RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS to see the the price. Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Checkout includes a layaway option. All items in our shop are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Parthian and Other Eastern Coins (Moderator: Howard Cole)  |  Topic: Sasanian AR drachm ID please 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sasanian AR drachm ID please  (Read 1090 times)
Gert
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« on: January 06, 2005, 01:23:52 pm »

I am new to this area of collecting. All info welcome on ruler, date inscription and discription.

Best regards,
Gert

i-xan
Praetorian

I love this forum!

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 04:33:57 am »

I think it's Khusrow II

See
http://www.grifterrec.com/coins/sasania/sasanian.html

Good luck with sassanian coins
i-xan
Praetorian

I love this forum!

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 04:39:57 am »

Because of the lack of beard it should have been struck in the beginning of his reign, exact data should be on the coin but the quality/resolution of the scan is not good enough to read it
Gert
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 10:07:29 am »

Thanks!

Gert

Howard Cole
IMPERATOR
Caesar

Elymais forever!

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2005, 02:33:42 pm »

Because of the style of the reverse, your coin was minted between years 2 and 10 of Xusro (Khusru) II rule.  Can you provide a better image of the reverse?  Your coin does have a readable date and mint mark on it.

pfitzner
Praetorian

I love this forum!

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2005, 08:14:59 am »

Your coin appears to be Bishapur, year 8.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Parthian and Other Eastern Coins (Moderator: Howard Cole)  |  Topic: Sasanian AR drachm ID please « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop