Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Of Interest In The Website Award Polls  (Read 1947 times)

Offline Pep

• Magistratus Optima Lege VI
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery
Of Interest In The Website Award Polls
« on: February 03, 2005, 05:49:54 pm »
Nabataea.net - Every thing you ever wanted to know about the Nabataean Empire, and more ....

It is just as the name implies so no need for me to explain further.  It is up for the Classical Studies Award.  It has a small section on coins too.  The poll can be found at:

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/board/index.php?board=32;action=display;threadid=16391

Thank you for considering it,

Kevin  :)

P.S.:  Standard Award polls are now open for two weeks at a time.

Offline Pep

• Magistratus Optima Lege VI
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery
Not just about Nabataea
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 04:15:53 pm »
Some of you are probably saying "Oh, I don't collect those types of coins" and have passed over this poll.  Well, I've been reading the "and more ...." this site promises and it is all very interesting.  Here are some articles:

The History of Concrete and the Nabataeans
The Ptolomies of Egypt
The Nabataeans in Antartica?
The Date of Christ's Birth
Desert Life
Honor and Shame in a Middle Eastern Setting
Ancient Sailing and Navigation

Nabataea gets tied in at times but many other things are discussed.  I do have to personally call into question ancient Antarctic sailing though.  Sailing the Mediterranean or hugging the coast of the Indian Ocean are one thing, but aren't those Southern Ocean waters too rough for ancient craft?  However, the article doesn't declare for certain they did so either, it just explores the issue.  Quite a number of articles and topics to be had here, does it have your vote for Classical Studies (the poll URL is above)?

Kevin  :)

Offline Robert_Brenchley

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Honi soit qui mal y pense.
    • My gallery
Re:Nabataea.net In Polling Now
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 06:06:10 pm »
There's a lot of interesting stuff about more recent history as well, for instance about the Hejaz Railway, which was badly damaged during the Arab revolt in WW1, which Lawrence of Arabia was involved in. It's an all-round useful site.
Robert Brenchley

My gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10405
Fiat justitia ruat caelum

All coins are guaranteed for eternity