Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: E-Sylum newsletter?  (Read 164 times)

Offline PtolemAE

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • PtolemyBronze.com
    • The PtolemAE Project - Ptolemaic Bronzes
E-Sylum newsletter?
« on: November 21, 2023, 01:02:03 pm »
Does anyone read the 'E-Sylum' email newsletter?

Has something to do with numismatic literature 'bibliomania society' and gets sent out weekly by email.

Anyone know more?

Thanks,

PtolemAE

Offline Anaximander

• Caesar
Re: E-Sylum newsletter?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2023, 03:12:08 pm »
I'm a subscriber to the E-Sylum newsletter. It's a free weekly publication of the NBS and a companion of their paid quarterly subscription, the Asylum.

Give it a read (this week's issue here). You'll discover that it's all about numismatic perodicals and books, both new and old. You should subscribe if you're into coin references. After all, it's free!

I like that there's coverage of new books on ancient coins. And, yes, there are plenty of non-ancient-coin references. Canadian and American coins, paper money, famous numismatists, and such.

See the intro of this week's issue...
Anaximander Barypous
Member since 2019.
FAC Member Gallery

Offline Mark Fox

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
Re: E-Sylum newsletter?
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2023, 03:26:40 pm »
Dear Daniel, Anaximander, and Board,

I am also an E-Sylum subscriber, an Asylum member, and a occasional contributor to the first who considers it one of the most important online numismatic periodicals ever created.  It contains so much more than the latest news on numismatic literature (which is genuinely fascinating by itself)!

I hope to be sharing some extraordinary ancient findings with Wayne Homren (E-Sylum's amazing and tireless editor) very shortly (which I just took a break from writing to write this).

Best regards,

Mark Fox
Michigan

All coins are guaranteed for eternity