Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point with your mouse on a coin in the RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Forum (Moderator: goldenancients)  |  Topic: Post a pic of you 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Post a pic of you  (Read 89592 times)
His Star
« Reply #475 on: September 01, 2006, 07:25:22 pm »

Ecoli:

Sadly, sometimes I do.  I often meet people and after getting to know them or dealing with them realize I have been trying to communicate with the wrong end. 

HA!   Grin
C. Caesar Germ.
« Reply #476 on: September 01, 2006, 09:23:02 pm »

Here I am with my two kids.
Robert_Brenchley
Comitia Curiata X
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Honi soit qui mal y pense.

« Reply #477 on: September 02, 2006, 02:56:54 am »

Well, the historical preservation group that sponsored this worldwide tour of this Nina copy claimed that it was built according to the same specifications as the original.  They claimed this was possible due to fact that it was the descendants of the original builders who built this one.  Furthermore, they claimed to have some of the documents detailing specifics in the construction of the original.  Of course, nothing is completely certain since the original ship is not around anymore.  For all I know, they built this ship to resemble the original and are scamming everyone to make a buck...

Best, Noah

According to this page they found a group of shipbuilders still using the same techniques, but it says nothing about surviving documents: http://www.thenina.com/the_original_nina.htm . According to this one: http://www.evgschool.org/Columbus's%20Sailing%20Ships.htm , nobody knows for sure precisely what they were like, which is what I've always heard. My guess is that it's probably a pretty accurate caravel of the right size, with a bit of hype thrown in.

Robert Brenchley

My gallery: http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10405
Fiat justitia ruat caelum
Noah
Caesar

Viva Brasil! Pátria Amada!!

« Reply #478 on: September 02, 2006, 08:16:20 am »

Robert, of course you are right.  It would not be sensible to believe that it is accurate in every detail;  embellishment is sure to occur.  Perhaps our tour guide was a bit overdramatic and decided to alter his speech a little.  I only picked up the generic brochure and listened to two people talk about the ship.  Thanks for going through the trouble of looking up that information! Smiley

Best, Noah

His Star
« Reply #479 on: September 02, 2006, 09:45:28 am »

Quote from: C. Caesar Germ. on September 01, 2006, 09:23:02 pm
Here I am with my two kids.
Lovely family!
Love the tie!
ecoli
Caesar

Every coin is sacred, every coin is great.

« Reply #480 on: September 02, 2006, 11:29:21 am »

Ecoli:

Sadly, sometimes I do.  I often meet people and after getting to know them or dealing with them realize I have been trying to communicate with the wrong end. 

Basemetal in his element(to all, this is a scam, do not fall for this Wink ):

Rupert
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #481 on: September 02, 2006, 12:56:05 pm »

laugh Grin Wink  --  ROFLMAO  -- Wink Grin laugh

Rupert

Ducunt volentem fata, nolentem trahunt.
4to2CentBCphilia
« Reply #482 on: September 02, 2006, 01:13:02 pm »

I have been considering doing some charity work. I believe I know what it will be now. Once this catches on, I believe you will find "health centers" such as this popping up everywhere. Another range of diseases vanquished.

Great photo
His Star
« Reply #483 on: September 02, 2006, 03:43:23 pm »

you guys are so baaaad!  evil
 Roll Eyes
Rupert
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #484 on: September 02, 2006, 03:50:50 pm »

Yes, that's what we are like. Shown here by the example of my youngest son, Armin.

Rupert

Ducunt volentem fata, nolentem trahunt.
basemetal
« Reply #485 on: September 04, 2006, 05:16:10 pm »

Drat ecoli!
Your photo pointed out to me my terrible spelling!  It was supposed to be "Free Mamma Gram" a program I initatied to place women in touch with lost parents by sending a free email for them.   The second part of the poster was just my way of multi-tasking. Wink
Roland Mueller
« Reply #486 on: September 07, 2006, 02:20:17 pm »

Here are some pics of the coin-meeting our home and garden last weekend!

1 pc: On the lft pscipio from Switzerland, right Antoninus from Munich
2. pic:Roland Müller, right upuaut from Tirol, Austria
Roland Mueller
« Reply #487 on: September 07, 2006, 02:21:52 pm »

And one pic more of Roland, studying ancient greeks
basemetal
« Reply #488 on: September 07, 2006, 06:42:07 pm »

The veritable image of Plato proofing his writings using a quartz stone magnifying lens! Smiley
Danegeld
« Reply #489 on: September 13, 2006, 03:10:55 pm »

Ok, here are a couple. One is a then and the other is now.

Take Care
Ben

Then- Castle hopping in the Rhineland-Pfalz, 1986 with my future brother-in-law.

Now - Mitchell, South Dakota 2006 attending the funeral of a (Iraqi freedom) fallen soldier.  I'm retired from the military now as well...
Robin Ayers
Caesar

Ms. arizonarobin :)

« Reply #490 on: September 28, 2006, 12:25:50 pm »

Although not something I would seek out as an activity... I found myself in the passenger side of a race car this week.  Shocked  At 140 miles an hour around the track I discovered something new.. I LIKED IT!  Grin

slokind
Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

Art is an experimental science

« Reply #491 on: September 28, 2006, 01:03:54 pm »

Hi, Robin.  It wasn't so fast, only a Sunday afternoon autocross, with me at the wheel of my beloved 356A entering the frame, caught by a friend with my camera, but I have a good memory, and I think I know how you feel.  At 34, I was just young enough still to fully appreciate it.  The town was Eugene OR, and the organization, which also did rallyes, called itself the Emerald Empire Sports Car Club.  I got the car secondhand.   Never since have I had a sports car (or a boyfriend who was into them...).  Pat L.
Robin Ayers
Caesar

Ms. arizonarobin :)

« Reply #492 on: September 28, 2006, 01:19:01 pm »

Pat! You are a daredevil! I had no idea  Grin

What a beautiful little car!  That must have been a great time. 

Although I throughly enjoyed my day of riding, I don't think I would be one to be behind the wheel- I drive like I am carrying a car full of eggs.  It was after my fourth concusion that my driving became so careful.  Grin

Noah
Caesar

« Reply #493 on: September 28, 2006, 09:12:08 pm »

Speaking of daredevil female drivers, I had the opportunity to be at the Indy 500 race where Danica Patrick led for several laps.  We were sure she would pull it off, until she ran low on gas during the penultimate lap... Undecided  She set a record for a female driver and put the guys to shame!  It was a sight to see; also, those indy cars are extremely loud and you can actually feel the vibration as they pass by. 

Best, Noah

Optimus
Caesar

« Reply #494 on: September 29, 2006, 07:55:08 am »

Hey Roland,

If you do such gatherings in the future with pscipio and antoninus, let me know. The drive is only a couple of hours for me.

Diagnosis: Numismaticus Incurabilis
Noah
Caesar

« Reply #495 on: September 29, 2006, 04:57:13 pm »

How did you like Oregon Pat?  I lived in Portland for several years and LOVED IT!!  I visited Eugene several times since my uncle lived there.  That is one of the most beautiful parts of the country.  BTW, do any of you live near Louisville, Kentucky?  I have never actually met a fellow ancients collector.  I have not ever even been to an ancients show.  Not much comes my way here, so I rely on these boards and the internet to whet my collector's appetite.  Cry

Best, Noah

Jochen
Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

Homo sum nil humanum a me alienum puto.

« Reply #496 on: October 06, 2006, 05:03:21 am »

My little grand-child Kaja on her 1st birthday imitating Harpokrates!

slokind
Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

Art is an experimental science

« Reply #497 on: October 06, 2006, 01:29:56 pm »

She looks like a joy to you all.  And lovely.  And, as you say, a wise child.  Pat L.
ecoli
Caesar

Every coin is sacred, every coin is great.

« Reply #498 on: October 07, 2006, 09:04:21 pm »

My son says "Simply lovely"  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Forum (Moderator: goldenancients)  |  Topic: Post a pic of you « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop