Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Post a pic of you  (Read 132977 times)

Roland Mueller

Re: Post a pic of you
« Reply #300 on: July 21, 2006, 01:32:17 pm »
Thats me on a mountain-forest expedition in the Central-Philippines.

sejanus

« Reply #301 on: July 21, 2006, 11:09:37 pm »
Finally, an up-to-date picture of me.  At Pompeii no less.

I'm the very confused hottie holding the sandwich.

The image is kinda massive, but you get the picture. 8)

Sejanus

EDIT: I bet none of you can tell where this was photoshopped. 
I'm that good. 8)

Roland Mueller

« Reply #302 on: July 24, 2006, 09:40:48 am »
This is the home of my family. The wooden part was build up on 1689, three hundered years ago. Also from the same age is the cellar you can view on the scan. The name of the house is " Hof Sachslen". the first mention of the house-name is on a pergament from the years around 1280. The oldest bases of the stone-building is from 11 century. Is very amazing to live in an old historical home.

Offline *Alex

• Tribunus Plebis 2022
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Etiam Iovis omnibus placere non possunt.
« Reply #303 on: July 24, 2006, 11:50:58 am »
That is a beautiful house Roland. Very Picturesque.

Alex.

Offline slokind

• Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Art is an experimental science
    • An Art Historian's Numismatics Studies
« Reply #304 on: July 24, 2006, 08:10:35 pm »
Not only a beautiful home, but beautifully maintained.  Homes have to be invested in by every generation.  Your portrait from the Philippines is fine, too; it is a photo that says something. Pat L.

Offline arizonarobin

• Caesar
  • Ms. arizonarobin :)
« Reply #305 on: July 27, 2006, 10:44:47 pm »
Absolutely beautiful home Roland.  It must be such a treasure to live in a home with so much history.

Offline Noah

• Caesar
  • Viva Brasil! Pátria Amada!!
« Reply #306 on: August 07, 2006, 07:09:01 pm »
For two years now, I have been a member and deeply entrenched in coin threads.  I absolutely missed this thread.  It is nice to put faces with the names here.  Arizonarobin kindly pointed me in this direction, so I am adding what I have.  All pictures of a guy are me.  The beautiful lady is my wife.  The dogs are, from largest to smallest: Pepe, Floyd, and Roxy.  The adorable baby boy is my son, Sawyer, who was born Aug. 4, 2006!  Oh, the nice scenic shot is my backyard.  We recently bought a home that had a gazebo and a koi pond with nearly 60 fish.  We had to get rid of many.  Thanks to all who have shared a little about themselves...

Best, Noah

Offline arizonarobin

• Caesar
  • Ms. arizonarobin :)
« Reply #307 on: August 07, 2006, 08:41:01 pm »
 ;D (moved)

Congratulations on a beautiful boy!  I see that he already has the treasure hunting bug and his first map to a Horde of Golden Ancients!

Beautiful wife, beautiful child! You are a lucky man.

Offline slokind

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #308 on: August 07, 2006, 09:03:55 pm »
Ah!  Wonderful.  I think your son already is bigger than any of those dogs.  What can I say but amen to Arizona Robin's post.  Pat L

Offline ecoli

• Caesar
  • Every coin is sacred, every coin is great.
« Reply #309 on: August 08, 2006, 09:26:30 am »
@ Noah

Welcome to Fatherhood!

Your son look very handsome.  Be prepared so, they grow up faster than you think...If you blink, you'll miss something :)

How many times do you get up at night these days?

Offline Noah

• Caesar
« Reply #310 on: August 08, 2006, 04:34:13 pm »
Thanks for the kind words arizonarobin, Pat, and ecoli!  I appreciate them very much.  Fatherhood is great, but sleep deprivation is not...  I was used to a good 8 hours a night, now 5 seems awesome.  At least I don't have to breastfeed!!  ;)

Best, Noah

Offline Rupert

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #311 on: August 08, 2006, 04:43:38 pm »
At least I don't have to breastfeed!! ;)

Best, Noah

What's the difference between a female breast and a model railway? Well, there actually isn't any. Both are meant to be for the kids, but the dads keep playing with them!

Rupert ::)

Moderator: Please remove this if it's too silly.
Ducunt volentem fata, nolentem trahunt.

Offline FORVM AUCTIONS

• FORVM STAFF
  • Consul
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS AUCTION LISTINGS
« Reply #312 on: August 09, 2006, 02:58:10 am »
On 1st of July I returned after climbing Mont Blanc ( 4810m, tallest summit in the Alps and Western and Central Europe) on the long Italian route from Gonella. Aka "Pope's Route" because it was first used by a party including the man who later became Pope Pious XI ! (but we all knew Italians are nutz :D )
So those of you that wish to see a bunch of pics, link is below. There are 3 albums, first with the ascent and descent of Mont Blanc, second with visits to Courmayeur and Chamonix, the enchanting base towns of MB, and third back on the mountain to bag an interesting peak.
http://ursultrubadur.ase.ro/modules/xg2/index.php?g2_itemId=27

Alex

Offline *Alex

• Tribunus Plebis 2022
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Etiam Iovis omnibus placere non possunt.
« Reply #313 on: August 09, 2006, 10:53:33 am »
It was a real pleasure viewing that wonderful scenery. I thoroughly enjoyed looking at your photos, Alex.

Alex.

AncientCoins

« Reply #314 on: August 09, 2006, 11:17:21 am »
Here is a more recent pic of me (taken August 2 in Waterville Valley, New Hampshire).  Yep, you get it all.  My classic slanted eye (always happens when I smile), a cheesy smile, and a zit on my chin. ::)

Andrew

Offline Rupert

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #315 on: August 09, 2006, 12:34:53 pm »
..., and a zit on my chin. ::)

Andrew

Oh my god, you're becoming a man!!

Rupert :)

Offline Noah

• Caesar
« Reply #316 on: August 09, 2006, 12:48:20 pm »
Well rupert, my wife is fixated on my son and will have nothing to do with me yet, and my son still isn't aware that he has arms (so a railway is out), so I don't get to play with either!  :-\

Best, Noah

Offline Rupert

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #317 on: August 09, 2006, 01:48:22 pm »
 :-\ Hard times, I understand you very well; been through it three times. But it's worth it! Be strong (and get yourself a model railway - or some nice coins)!

Rupert

His Star

« Reply #318 on: August 09, 2006, 03:56:15 pm »
I love pictures!  Noah, what a beautiful family!
My two are grown, with babies of their own. . .I have a boy, and a girl,
and from these two little rabbits I have 11 grandchildren.

About three years ago I adopted more 'children' they are so much easier to care for!

Here I am in 'Kiss Me Kate' . . . I am a student at the university and this was a university production this past spring semester.

And me with my adopted children, they are miniature schnauzers:
The silver one is Sophie, (she's the boss), the salt and pepper is Sadie
and the black is Sigusmundus, we call him Mr. Sigs.

Cool thread!

His Star

« Reply #319 on: August 09, 2006, 05:08:39 pm »
Quote from: Marcus Aurelius on August 09, 2006, 04:49:27 pm
Ok
Here is our 4 year old Pretorian and 5 year old doughter with mouth full of chocolate.

Your Pretorian is a real camera ham!  I'm so glad your Marcus quit smoking, be terrible to stunt his growth at 17 months!  ;D :-* ;D
wish I could still do a mouthful of chocolate!!  :-X
sweet family!

basemetal

« Reply #320 on: August 09, 2006, 08:42:50 pm »
If you could see a pic of Marcus's wife, you might wonder why he spends time away from home searching for coins, lol!
She is such a beauty!

Offline slokind

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #321 on: August 10, 2006, 02:28:00 am »
All true, but in the midst of it all we forgot Andrew, who has changed more in the last year than I could have believed if I hadn't spent 8 years teaching Grades VIII through X.  It's as Rupert said, and it shows in more than that fleeting annoyance on the chin.  Pat L.

His Star

« Reply #322 on: August 10, 2006, 04:03:54 am »
It took me a while but I went through all the pages, and what a photo album!  This forum is made up of the most beautiful people!

From the top of the mountain peaks, to the depth of the sea, fellow thespians, travel pictures, those of you in military, wedding pictures, beautiful baby pictures, lovely families, and several very fishy pics, drivers license (what a hoot), and watching one collector grow up on this forum  :laugh:, some made me laugh, (like the cat on the scanner!)  but all made me smile, (saholz that is a great photo, your photographer did an excellent job of shooting underwater!).  Everyone was like a precious coin, each had it's own beauty.

I am proud to be part of such a great group of people!

I was so inpired by all the wonderful pics I had to add a couple more.
1. Onstage
and
2.a collage of me diving, (a spring dive, didn't see any nymphs, and a beach dive)
    and my most recent trip (Egypt Dec 05)
I can tell you, the Sphynx does not kiss and tell, I still don't know the secret.

I look forward to viewing posts even more so now that I have a face with the name!

Thank you for sharing!

Offline Scotvs Capitis

• Conservator Princeps
  • Caesar
  • This space intentionally left blank
« Reply #323 on: August 10, 2006, 09:12:03 am »
Since we've seemed to expand to family and pets, I'll add some. My original post is buried waaaay back.

Me and my children, couple of years ago but its my favorite pic of us (my wife refuses to be photographed, says she doesn't want to kill the glamour industry, LOL!)...

[See first image below]

And an updated pic of me, examining the Guadalupe River to see if it could be forded

[see second image below]

And Molle and Maddi, our pie bald mini weenies, the biological element of our multi-tiered security system

[see third image below]
SCOTVS CAPITIS - Hovstonoplis Tex
(Scott Head, TX)
My Gallery

Offline Noah

• Caesar
« Reply #324 on: August 10, 2006, 11:37:25 am »
But it's worth it! Be strong (and get yourself a model railway - or some nice coins)!

Rupert

Yes it is!  I probably won't get a railway, but I do have a nice Constantius I Chlorus on the way!!

Best, Noah

All coins are guaranteed for eternity