Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Post a pic of you  (Read 133037 times)

Offline slokind

• Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Art is an experimental science
    • An Art Historian's Numismatics Studies
Re: Post a pic of you
« Reply #175 on: January 08, 2006, 05:51:47 pm »
Dear ecoli,
Now we shall keep you in our thoughts most hopefully, just as we did Gunner before his little girl came.  Your wife is lovely.
Pat L.

jbaran

« Reply #176 on: January 08, 2006, 05:59:28 pm »
You must also remember that the delivery room is sort of like Las Vegas....whatever is said or done stays there.  I was nearly knocked senseless with a steel bed pan...though in hind sight the comment that my soon to be born son must have inherited my nose and thats what was holding things up was probably better left unsaid.  ::)

Massanutten

« Reply #177 on: January 08, 2006, 07:07:49 pm »
  Joe...... Your little angel has that special look that says he just realized that he could use your coin collection to buy candy and ice cream!!!
Bob

jbaran

« Reply #178 on: January 08, 2006, 07:35:20 pm »
Thankfully he is very insistent that green coins are Daddy's.  He's very good at finding the odd stray one that fell off the desk

Offline AlexB

• Caesar
  • The meek shall inherit the earth..so buy a meek
« Reply #179 on: January 08, 2006, 08:24:08 pm »
Hello

I guess we have drifted (ok collapsed) into family pictures ie. 'Post a pic of you' is now 'Post a pic of any children/newborns!'

So here goes, Aiyana Sofia Boggis aged couple of days...and erm me - the pig was walking past and wanted in on the photo

Brgds

Alex
'Never has so much been owed, to so many, by so few' - Mervyn King, Governor, Bank of England, 20th Oct 2009

Offline Robert_Brenchley

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Honi soit qui mal y pense.
    • My gallery
« Reply #180 on: January 09, 2006, 05:08:13 pm »
Since we're posting pics of family, here's Olakumbi, my elder girl, who's definitely not interested in coins, allotments or beekeeping, but shares some of my tastes in literature.
Robert Brenchley

My gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10405
Fiat justitia ruat caelum

Offline *Alex

• Tribunus Plebis 2022
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Etiam Iovis omnibus placere non possunt.
« Reply #181 on: January 09, 2006, 05:18:52 pm »
........... and these are my offspring, taken in the summer, like Robert's none of them have any interest in coins except those that can be spent in the shops.  :'(

Alex.

Offline Rupert

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #182 on: January 09, 2006, 05:43:49 pm »
With my three boys, I still have hopes that they'll get interested; a little they are already. I let them handle the not-so-important ones.

Rupert
Ducunt volentem fata, nolentem trahunt.

Massanutten

« Reply #183 on: January 09, 2006, 10:39:52 pm »
   Robert...... I never had the joy of having a daughter, but I confess that none of my sons shared my zeal for any of my interests or hobbies.  Respectfull of their father, yes, but I can still see their eyes roll when I tried to inspire them with my passion of the moment!!!
Bob

Offline Robert_Brenchley

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My gallery
« Reply #184 on: January 10, 2006, 02:59:36 pm »
Kumbi's the only one who's interested in my writing, but apart form that, nothing. I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets a bit discouraged at times. 'I am not going to that allotment. It is muddy, and there are bees. They will sting.' Aargh!
Robert Brenchley

jbaran

« Reply #185 on: January 10, 2006, 05:59:28 pm »
Well one might have a point on the bee stinging thing.... ::)

Offline wolfgang336

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Aut Caesar Aut Nullus
« Reply #186 on: January 11, 2006, 10:23:08 pm »
........... and these are my offspring, taken in the summer, like Robert's none of them have any interest in coins except those that can be spent in the shops.  :'(

Alex.

Middle one looks like a rebel, Alex. ;) Keep a short lead! I wish my parents had...

Offline Potator II

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Error communis facit jus
    • Monnaies de la Dombes
« Reply #187 on: January 12, 2006, 06:28:03 am »
Middle one looks like a rebel, Alex. ;) Keep a short lead! I wish my parents had...

No wolfgang, he's just facing the sun  ;)

Potator

Offline *Alex

• Tribunus Plebis 2022
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Etiam Iovis omnibus placere non possunt.
« Reply #188 on: January 12, 2006, 09:35:52 am »

No wolfgang, he's just facing the sun  ;)

Potator

Potator is right, the sun was in David's his eyes. He is, in fact, quite laid back, not at all rebellious.......yet.  ;D

Alex.

Offline Robert_Brenchley

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My gallery
« Reply #189 on: January 13, 2006, 12:23:49 pm »
Actually you'd have to do something really stupid to get my bees to sting. The hives just sit in a corner, and with no low-flying bees due to the hedge in front of them, you wouldn't know they were there. I open the hives weekly at the height of the season with 40-50 000 bees in each one. I only get about one sting a month, off four hives, with all the aggravation I give them.
Robert Brenchley

Offline ecoli

• Caesar
  • Every coin is sacred, every coin is great.
« Reply #190 on: January 13, 2006, 01:01:34 pm »
I wonder what will happen if a pet dog only bites people about once a month ;)

I love animals though...unfortunately, my wife has somthing against small furry animals, so I can only manage to have these...

Offline Rupert

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #191 on: January 13, 2006, 02:06:31 pm »
I wonder what will happen if a pet dog only bites people about once a month ;)

That depends entirely on the size of the dog and the way it bites. I know cat owners who are mostly quite scratched up. I wonder where's the fun in there?

Rupert

Offline ecoli

• Caesar
  • Every coin is sacred, every coin is great.
« Reply #192 on: January 13, 2006, 02:28:12 pm »
What's funny is that I get bit from my fish about once a month.  When I move the rocks to clean gravel, they come up and bite my arms.  Their teeth are too small to break the skin but for their size, they are mean!

I still have scars on my arms from the 2 siamese cats I used to have a decade ago. They used to poke their claws up my nose in the morning(4 am) to wake me up so they could be fed.

Ghengis_Jon

« Reply #193 on: January 13, 2006, 02:49:09 pm »
Here's my youngest with that "I bet you can't guess what I did with your new box of coin flips" look.

Offline Rupert

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #194 on: January 13, 2006, 03:00:32 pm »
Here's my youngest with that "I bet you can't guess what I did with your new box of coin flips" look.

Or with your loudspeakers ;D

Offline Robert_Brenchley

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My gallery
« Reply #195 on: January 13, 2006, 03:28:12 pm »
If you did something nasty to your dog once a week, and it bit occasionally, you wouldn't have a complaint. If you pull beehives to bits all the time, you get stung. That's a fact of life; if you don't like it, don't keep bees! The point is, other people don't get stung, and there's no reason why they should. I've had those hives, with close neighbours, for six years, and never annoyed anyone.
Robert Brenchley

Massanutten

« Reply #196 on: January 13, 2006, 04:12:32 pm »
  And I bet the honey is delicious!!

Offline Robert_Brenchley

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My gallery
« Reply #197 on: January 13, 2006, 04:55:08 pm »
It is, since it hasn't been processed, which removes everything that distinguishes honey from invert syrup. Put it on a burn and keep it covered, it heals up in no time.
Robert Brenchley

exquisiteoaf

« Reply #198 on: January 16, 2006, 08:35:26 pm »
Also, to the folks that were disparaging PBR's fine brand of malty goodness earlier...good sirs, I doth protest! PBR is a fine American beer in the grand tradition of "Macroswill" lagers, and everyone should enjoy it daily!

vozmozhno

« Reply #199 on: January 16, 2006, 09:50:14 pm »
Also, to the folks that were disparaging PBR's fine brand of malty goodness earlier...good sirs, I doth protest! PBR is a fine American beer in the grand tradition of "Macroswill" lagers, and everyone should enjoy it daily!

Can you say--bitter beer face:-X

Voz

All coins are guaranteed for eternity