Classical Numismatics Discussion Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2014, 03:58:43 pm
Search Calendar Login Register

Recent Additions to Forum's Shop

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Forum (Moderator: goldenancients)  |  Topic: Post a pic of you 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Post a pic of you  (Read 80551 times)
Rhetor
Consul

Tolle! Lege!

« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2005, 08:39:48 am »

...is my alter ego.  Thangyouverymuch.

Rhetor
Joe Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM STAFF
Caesar

All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.

« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2005, 04:59:34 pm »

Here is a fairly recent pic of me.  This one didn't make it into the official file because it isn't so great, but I can't find an e-copy of the better one.

Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS
stickman
« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2005, 05:26:06 pm »

You look very stately Joe.
Or should I say Commander?
Nice picture.
ancientcoins
Comitia Curiata
Caesar

Collector of Severans, Gordian III, Gallienus,etc.

« Reply #103 on: March 19, 2005, 12:25:35 pm »

im going to try to resize a picture to get my face into the mix.if it doesnt work,then oh well... Wink this is me after my saxophone concert last year...im pretty much the same,except the zit on my chin is gone,im taller,and i look older.note the tie is probably done wrong Smiley

andrew

Magistra
Praetorian

Latin is FUN!!!

« Reply #104 on: March 19, 2005, 01:21:17 pm »

Page 6 clearly shows that ancient coins transcend age, rank and music tastes!
Magistra

Lingua Latina vivit!
oerlikon20mm
« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2005, 04:30:30 am »

My wife and Daughter.  Almost time to go to the Hospital!!     Smiley

Gunner
Rupert
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2005, 01:44:23 pm »

THe best of luck to all the three of you!!! With such a beautiful wife, it would be a shame if you spent all your spare time with coins. I'm glad to see you didn't do that Wink

Rupert

Ducunt volentem fata, nolentem trahunt.
oerlikon20mm
« Reply #107 on: March 20, 2005, 02:30:35 pm »

lol..Thanks Rupert.  She was happy to see your comment.  And yes, there are things much more grand than ancient coins!

Gunner
Frans Diederik
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

carpe diem, vita brevis est!

« Reply #108 on: March 28, 2005, 03:18:47 pm »

After such a pretty woman, who wants to look at an old fart like me? Luckily my 85 year-old father is sitting next to me. (picture March 18th)
Ghengis Jon
Caesar

« Reply #109 on: March 30, 2005, 03:47:15 pm »

Gunner -  Almost time for the hospital?  She's barely showing!!  Your lovely wife will appreciate a petite 'Gunnerette' - both my boys came in at roughly 11 pounds!

Here's me and my pal Maggie.

Don't buy uncleaneds from ebay's ancientcoinman - 70% slugs and NO returns!
oerlikon20mm
« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2005, 05:08:50 pm »

Thank you all for the comments about my beautiful wife!  Here is a picture of the UGLY Dude she is married to!!! Just goes to show ya...LOOKS ARENT EVERYTHING!!!!!..so...all of you Coin Geeks out there..HAVE HOPE!!! <GIGGLE>

Gunner!!!
Mark Farrell
« Reply #111 on: March 31, 2005, 08:28:25 pm »

Wait a minute! I swear I've got that profile on a partially cleaned coin!

Loved the photo of your wife on the way to the hospital... Women never cease to amaze me... I noticed she stopped to apply lipstick. Imagine that. On the way to a delivery and they apply lipstick. Maybe I'm wrong, but the reason I noticed it on your photo is that my wife did it also.

Go figure.

Mark

PS - Tell your wife we all voted and she deserved better.   Grin
oerlikon20mm
« Reply #112 on: April 03, 2005, 05:44:55 pm »

Wait a minute! I swear I've got that profile on a partially cleaned coin!

Loved the photo of your wife on the way to the hospital... Women never cease to amaze me... I noticed she stopped to apply lipstick. Imagine that. On the way to a delivery and they apply lipstick. Maybe I'm wrong, but the reason I noticed it on your photo is that my wife did it also.

Go figure.

Mark

PS - Tell your wife we all voted and she deserved better.   Grin

lol!  You might have seen my profile on an ancient.....I may have made the coin!!!! (See Gunner's Forgery History).  
Thanks for the vote!!!  Did I tell you my wife is blind?   JUST KIDDING!

By the way...she wasn't on the way to the hospital literally.  That will be coming in about 1.5 months!  

Here she is with the Dawg

Gunner
Mark Farrell
« Reply #113 on: April 03, 2005, 07:25:15 pm »

Liar!!!

You delayed a tenth of a second too long in response to this question from your lovely (and pregnant) wife, "Honey, do I look fat?" And please reassure her that she is doing VERY well on that regard -- much better than mine did.   Wink

Blaming such a wound on that delightful hound... Indeed. But it's better than admitting the truth at work, I'll give you that.

Mark
FORVM AUCTIONS
FORVM STAFF
Consul

« Reply #114 on: April 04, 2005, 02:29:21 am »

Here is my latest one week old pic Smiley

Alex

Robert_Brenchley
Comitia Curiata X
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Honi soit qui mal y pense.

« Reply #115 on: April 04, 2005, 02:41:38 am »

Where was that taken? I wish I still had my old climbing photos but they were lost in a fire years ago.

Robert Brenchley

My gallery: http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10405
Fiat justitia ruat caelum
FORVM AUCTIONS
FORVM STAFF
Consul

« Reply #116 on: April 04, 2005, 06:54:08 am »

In the Carpathians, on an obscure 6000ft peak. Mountains have become my second largest mania besides coins lately Smiley

Sorry to hear about your pics. I guess another advantage for the digital pics we take today...
Nico Creces
« Reply #117 on: April 07, 2005, 08:35:44 am »

Ok, here a picture of me. Wink
Greetz,
Nico
Flanders
jbaran
« Reply #118 on: April 10, 2005, 01:19:05 pm »

In the Carpathians, on an obscure 6000ft peak. Mountains have become my second largest mania besides coins lately Smiley

Find any skeletons with wooden stakes sticking out?? I hear its a good idea to leave the stakes in place. Roll Eyes
Mark Farrell
« Reply #119 on: April 10, 2005, 05:34:53 pm »

Well, I guess it's my turn. Photo is of three bums in Jacksonville, Florida, and one good woman (married to the bum in the middle). I'm the one on the left, teaching that palm tree a lesson it won't ever forget.   Wink

I pondered what photo to post here. Finally settled on this one. Never had big adventures. Don't have cool photos of me while traveling around the world. Just a pretty normal guy. And some of the members of the boards no doubt recognize that daily life can be a pretty big adventure sometimes, and that is fine too.

Three pretty normal, average, middle-aged guys. All of us missing one leg each. Two years ago the three of us rode bicycles as a team from Seattle, WA to Jacksonville, FL. Visited with amputee support groups along the way, as well as 15 rehab hospitals. With the notable exception of my marriage and my children, the single best thing I've done in my life to date. I am more proud of this than anything else. So it's a worthy topic to share, I guess.

Mark

PS -- check out www.amputeesacrossamerica.com for info about the folks doing the ride this year (from San Diego to Boston).
oerlikon20mm
« Reply #120 on: April 10, 2005, 06:00:11 pm »

What a ride!!! I went from Charleston SC to Bremerton Washington in my Mustang and I thought I was special!  Jesus Man......You are my hero!

Gunner
Mark Farrell
« Reply #121 on: April 12, 2005, 09:36:35 pm »

LOL... The three of us raised stubborness to a new level. Personally, I think people confuse stubborness with many other, frequently admirable qualities.

But stubborn is just stubborn. Nothing more or less.

But thanks for the comment, Gunner.

I'd rather ride 40 miles a day uphill than wrestle with the BEAST you call a dog.   Grin
Howard Cole
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Elymais forever!

« Reply #122 on: April 13, 2005, 02:27:47 am »

Sorry to hear about your pics. I guess another advantage for the digital pics we take today...

I agree, climbing mountains can get as addictive as collecting coins.  When I was younger, I climbed over 50 peaks in one summer in the Casades and Sierra Nevadas of California and a few random peaks in Nevada and Utah.  But that was a long time ago and before I moved to a tropical island and had a kid.

I did talk my wife into climbing Mt. Kina Balu, 4101 meters, on Borneo while she had just gotten pregnant with our daughter.  It has the biggest stairway in the world.  You really get tried of steps after awhile.

Now I live on a tropical island, in the Mariana Islands, with the highest point is 200 meters.  I do spend some time walking in the jungles and exploring caves.  You never know what you will find in the jungle because of all that is left over from when the Japanese ruled this area and World War II.  Still find live bombs in the jungle, which adds a little adventure to the hiking.

By the way, a volcano three islands (Anatahan) north of us sent a cloud of ash over my islands (Tinian) a week and a half ago.  It made the sky dark around 10:30 AM to about 1 PM.  I have added a picture of the sun that was taken around 10:30 in the morning.  It also made a great sunset.  I have added another picture of my daughter at the beach on that day.

Robert_Brenchley
Comitia Curiata X
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Honi soit qui mal y pense.

« Reply #123 on: April 13, 2005, 11:52:31 am »

If I had the money to go gadding around the world I don't think wild horses would drag me away from volcanoes! Of all nature's wonders, those are the ones which fascinate me yet. I've never seen one in action yet, but I will.

Robert Brenchley

My gallery: http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10405
Fiat justitia ruat caelum
Varangian
Caesar

Det er ikke å unngå fare det vi har komme!

« Reply #124 on: April 13, 2005, 04:19:16 pm »

If I had the money to go gadding around the world I don't think wild horses would drag me away from volcanoes! Of all nature's wonders, those are the ones which fascinate me yet. I've never seen one in action yet, but I will.

I was descending Ampato in May 2000 when Sabancaya boomed a column of ash and caused a "slush slide" shooting down the next arroyo. 

You can have them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21 Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Forum (Moderator: goldenancients)  |  Topic: Post a pic of you « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop