Classical Numismatics Discussion Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 02:40:54 pm
Search Calendar Login Register  

Recent Additions to Forum's Shop

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Announcements and Help  |  Discussion Board and FORVM Website Help (Moderators: Joe Sermarini, Sorin)  |  Topic: TIP: New Tags 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: TIP: New Tags  (Read 3849 times)
Joe Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM STAFF
Caesar

All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.

« on: September 07, 2004, 03:06:43 pm »

Everyone has probably noticed the "new" tag on some threads.  They look like this...  
But, did you know that the new tags you see are just for you!  The new tag means there is a post in that thread that you have not seen yet.  

I know this is probably obvious to most people, but it took me two years to notice.  

Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS
ancientjim
Praetorian

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 10:08:21 am »

Some members might not know that if you actually click on the new tag it goes directly to the point in the thread that is new for you. Shocked  If you click on the heading it starts at the beginning.

All the best,
"Ancient" Jim
Et Tu Antiquities
http://ettuantiquities.com/
cscoppa
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

It's off to the races!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 04:41:13 am »

You can "reset" the flags too.

1- by reading the new post
2- using the local  "mark as read" button
3- using the global "mark all read" button.

It is an excellent feature that is VERY useful to scan new posts. I clear the flags every couple of days and can tell at a glance where I need to read to have the latest and greatest info..........

Chip

PECVNIAE IMPERARE OPORTET NON SERVIRE
Money should be mastered, not served.
http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=12
newbeonecoinobe
Caesar

This a great forum

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 02:01:08 pm »

Has the "New" buttons changed on the website lately?   In the last couple of days after I read the topic or thread the new does not go away.  Or is it possible something has changed on  my server or system?
Maybe I should modify the above statement when I went back to the Ident Dissussion the ones I had just read the new was gone, before it used to do it after just returning from the thread.

Thanks
Pete
Joe Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM STAFF
Caesar

All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 02:06:04 pm »

If you click the back button the "New" tags will still be there because you are looking at the page just as it was before. 

Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Announcements and Help  |  Discussion Board and FORVM Website Help (Moderators: Joe Sermarini, Sorin)  |  Topic: TIP: New Tags « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop