Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: TIP: New Tags  (Read 7301 times)

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
TIP: New Tags
« on: September 07, 2004, 05:06:43 pm »
Everyone has probably noticed the "new" tag on some threads.  They look like this...  
But, did you know that the new tags you see are just for you!  The new tag means there is a post in that thread that you have not seen yet.  

I know this is probably obvious to most people, but it took me two years to notice.  
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline cscoppa

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • It's off to the races!!!!!!!!!
Re:New Tags
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 06:41:13 am »
You can "reset" the flags too.

1- by reading the new post
2- using the local  "mark as read" button
3- using the global "mark all read" button.

It is an excellent feature that is VERY useful to scan new posts. I clear the flags every couple of days and can tell at a glance where I need to read to have the latest and greatest info..........
Chip

PECVNIAE IMPERARE OPORTET NON SERVIRE
Money should be mastered, not served.
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=12

Offline newbeonecoinobe

• Consul
  • This a great forum
Re: New Tags
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 04:01:08 pm »
Has the "New" buttons changed on the website lately?   In the last couple of days after I read the topic or thread the new does not go away.  Or is it possible something has changed on  my server or system?
Maybe I should modify the above statement when I went back to the Ident Dissussion the ones I had just read the new was gone, before it used to do it after just returning from the thread.

Thanks
Pete

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Re: New Tags
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 04:06:04 pm »
If you click the back button the "New" tags will still be there because you are looking at the page just as it was before. 
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

All coins are guaranteed for eternity