Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Burnett's die study of Cr 13/1  (Read 521 times)

Offline clem.fandango

• Consul
Burnett's die study of Cr 13/1
« on: April 01, 2021, 10:01:51 am »
I feel daft that I'm unable to find this out but... I know Burnett did a die study of RRC 13/1 and I'd like to read it but... I can't actually find out the title of the article I want... any help would be hugely appreciated.

Offline Kevin D

• Consul
Re: Burnett's die study of Cr 13/1
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 07:55:07 pm »
If the answer doesn't materialize on this thread, you could try emailing Andrew.

aburnett@britishmuseum.org

That address is listed for him on this February 2021 dated webpage
https://numismatics.org.uk/author/royalnumsoc/

Offline Mark Fox

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 09:28:53 pm »
Dear Clem, Kevin, PMah, and Board,

I am currently in correspondence with Andrew on a different matter via a different email address.  Although it looks like *PMah has already sniffed out the relevant paper, if there is a particular question Clem would like to ask Andrew about the paper/die study/didrachmas, he may feel free to zip it to me and I will relay it to him.  I could also ask where one might best be able to obtain a copy of Andrew's paper.

On a side note, Liv Yarrow seems to be quite familiar with Burnett's various works on RRC 13/1:

https://livyarrow.org/2018/06/01/findspots-of-rrc-13-1/

She might be another good person to consult.

Best regards,

Mark Fox
Michigan

*Update:  Or not...  PMah apparently deleted his post.  In any event, my offer still stands.
2nd Update:  Don't worry PMah, I have done much more unexpected things with posts/e-mails!  

Offline PMah

• Caesar
  • Qui risus classe devicta multas ipsi lacrimas...
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 09:51:02 pm »
Oops, my post deleted when I went to fix the formatting!

There are two papers you may be referring to, for both of which you may need library assistance; I haven't seen them online.  I have the QT volume,  but it's in offsite storage.

A. Burnett, 'The Romano-campanian silver', in La monetazione Romano- Campana, Atti del X Convegno, Napoli 1993, Roma, 19-47

A Burnett, The First Roman Silver Coins, Andrew Burnett, Quaderni Ticinesis, Lugano 1978

However,  there are sometimes cross-references in high-end auctions and other online sources,  so you may be able to find what you are looking for indirectly.
Be Well, Stay Healthy, Support your Local Numismatic Club

Paul 

My Gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album

Offline clem.fandango

• Consul
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 04:16:52 am »
If the answer doesn't materialize on this thread, you could try emailing Andrew.

Huge thanks, Kevin, that's really helpful: I may end up emailing him after I've got myself up to speed.

...if there is a particular question Clem would like to ask Andrew about the paper/die study/didrachmas, he may feel free to zip it to me and I will relay it to him.

That's also helpful, I may take you up on that as a means of introduction.

A. Burnett, 'The Romano-campanian silver', in La monetazione Romano- Campana, Atti del X Convegno, Napoli 1993, Roma, 19-47
A Burnett, The First Roman Silver Coins, Andrew Burnett, Quaderni Ticinesis, Lugano 1978
...there are sometimes cross-references in high-end auctions and other online sources...

Many thanks, I'll look into getting hold of these two articles now. Indeed, it's the references in the auctions which were piquing my interest and also frustrating me a little  ;D

Many thanks everyone, I've some research to do now!

Best wishes

C

All coins are guaranteed for eternity