Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Optimus writes a book on coins and Roman history!  (Read 2961 times)

Offline Optimus

• Praetorian
Optimus writes a book on coins and Roman history!
« on: March 28, 2021, 10:40:18 am »
Dear all,

I have been writing books for several years and I am happy to say that one of them – the novel “Cornelia” – is now also available in English. I think that it will be especially interesting for this community as it deals, of course, with ancient coins. I also attach its brief plot description.

It took me many years to finish the book and I have to say that I am very glad that I did. The book was originally published in Bulgarian and had very good success which is why I decided to also have it published in English. Hope you enjoy it.

You can buy it as an eBook (epub, mobi, pdf) at www.tsenovbooks.com/en, where you can also learn more about the book and read the first chapters.

Cornelia” is also available as an eBook on Amazon.
Amazon.com (USD) --> https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08YXPDPZJ
Amazon.de (EUR) --> https://www.amazon.de/dp/B08YXPDPZJ
Amazon.co.uk (GBP) --> https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08YXPDPZJ

Of course, fellow FORVM members will have an advantage in buying it  ;). If you order via my website, apply a coupon FORVM15 and you will receive a 15 % discount!
Thank you all for your interest and for giving the book a chance - I will be very glad to hear your feedback and to discuss the book. And, of course, if you like it, please share it with others!

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
Re: Optimus writes a book on coins and Roman history!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 11:58:24 am »
Emil,

Looks interesting.  I bought it through your site.  Used the PayPal option which went through.

However, I am not sure how to get the download.  Does it come to my email?

SC
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

Offline Optimus

• Praetorian
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 12:11:01 pm »
Thanks a lot for the trust, SC!  :)

I still do not have a confirmation for the purchase or the PayPal payment, there maybe some server delay. The download is via a mail you should receive. We have tested it several times, it worked every time, many purchases already passed through.

Just a case, could you please send me a message at contact@tsenovbooks.com and let me know the format you need? I will send it to you right away.

Cheers, Emil

Offline Optimus

• Praetorian
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 12:14:42 pm »
Should work now  :) Thanks for letting me know if you received the file. Of course, I will be waiting for your feedback! ;)

Offline Stkp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2021, 05:36:03 pm »
Emil, congratulations on your book. I just bought the Kindle edition on Amazon. Stkp

Offline Optimus

• Praetorian
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 04:25:22 am »
Many thanks, Stkp, enjoy reading it! I will be very glad if you share your impressions of it and discuss details! :)

Emil

Offline SC

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2021, 07:47:03 am »
When I checked my email this morning there was an email recipient with a link to the file in it. 

All downloaded and good now.

Still have a book or two to finish ahead of it but I will start reading it soon.

SC
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

Offline Optimus

• Praetorian
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2021, 08:42:22 am »
Great, enjoy! Will be waiting impatiently for your feedback! ::)

Offline SC

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2021, 05:47:15 pm »
I broke my rule about not starting another fiction book until I have finished the one I am reading.  (I often beak this rule.)  I am three chapters in and hooked.  Really fun so far.

SC

SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

Offline Optimus

• Praetorian
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2021, 06:48:10 pm »
 +++
I promise you that you will be entertained with a money-back guarantee.  ;)

Offline Stkp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2021, 07:03:44 am »
I burned through the book in a few days. A great read and recommended to all participants at FORUM. There were places where the translation could have been improved or typos corrected, but this was easily overlooked. Great plot with many twists. Stkp

Offline Optimus

• Praetorian
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2021, 07:28:51 am »
I burned through the book in a few days. A great read and recommended to all participants at FORUM. There were places where the translation could have been improved or typos corrected, but this was easily overlooked. Great plot with many twists. Stkp

Thanks a lot for the great feedback and the recommendation, stkp! I would be also much obliged if you could also leave a review for the book on Amazon and on Goodreads, https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/57327231-cornelia?ac=1&from_search=true&qid=GrEOIheXhN&rank=2.

We edited the book in English several times with native speakers after the translation from Bulgarian in which it was originally published but I am sure that, as you have pointed out, some mistakes have slipped through. It is kind of inevitable  :D I will do my best to correct them. If there are some especially obvious ones, do send me a private message!

Offline Stkp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2021, 10:00:58 am »
I just posted my five-star review on Amazon and hit the send button. I had intended to cut-and-paste the review to publish here but the review won't be accessible until released onto the website by Amazon. I must have purchased over 100 Kindle e-books over the years, but never before bothered to review any of them. Stkp

Offline Optimus

• Praetorian
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2021, 10:34:54 am »
Much, much appreciated, Stkp! Thanks a million!  First review is always most precious :angel:

Offline Optimus

• Praetorian
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2021, 12:41:12 pm »
Thanks a lot to Stkp for the great review on Amazon!  :)

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2021, 11:53:39 pm »
Just bought it from your website, I assume you will get more from that than Amazon. I look forward to reading it.

Virgil

Offline Optimus

• Praetorian
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2021, 04:00:20 am »
Thanks a lot for the order, Virgil! I will be waiting for your feedback with interest!  +++ +++ +++

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2021, 01:42:34 am »
I will review it and look forward to reading it, it is up soon in my reading queue.

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2021, 05:51:26 pm »
I just finished the book and I loved it. I hope you write more books. Here is the five star review I submitted to Amazon. It has not been published by them yet, just did it. I don't know how long it takes for them to approve reviews.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book for a number of reasons. First, it is just a very well done tale of suspense, full of interesting and believable characters and plot lines. The twists and turns one cannot predict, so it keeps you on the edge of your seat. The inclusion of ancient Roman history with a modern day story is a wonderful addition to what would normally be a modern story with very little historical content. The book takes place in a context of ancient coin collecting which makes for an exciting story line involving very valuable Roman coins. As an ancient coin collector (although not at these price levels), a book like this is a dream. Yet, anyone will enjoy this book regardless of their interest in or knowledge of ancient coins. Finally, much of the action takes place in Bulgaria and I always enjoy books that take place in other countries. I believe the book was first written in Bulgarian. Great book, I highly recommend it.

Virgil

Thanks a lot for the order, Virgil! I will be waiting for your feedback with interest!  +++ +++ +++

Offline Optimus

• Praetorian
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2021, 03:51:51 am »
Thanks a lot, Virgil, much appreciated! First reviews on Amazon are very, very precious. I am really glad you liked the book. It was indeed written in Bulgarian first (it is my mother tongue and my previous books were written in Bulgarian too). I am currently writing another book in English. It is on a completely different topic , I like to try my hand at different genres and in different areas. I will let everybody know when it is published.

Offline SC

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2021, 06:07:10 pm »
I finished it and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Very entertaining and, as others have said, full of plot twists and surprises.

I will leave comments on Amazon too.

SC
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

Offline Optimus

• Praetorian
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2021, 06:25:12 pm »
Thanks a lot for the feedback and recommendations, guys, this means a lot to me! It took me a lot of time to finish the book and obviously my efforts have not been in vain. I guess I will continue writing. :)

Offline SC

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2021, 05:28:40 pm »
It would make a great movie.  Wouldn't be expensive as there is nothing fancy in terms of sets or props.

Wait till your book sells more and then contact Netflix......

SC
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

Offline Optimus

• Praetorian
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2021, 06:48:38 pm »
It would make a great movie.  Wouldn't be expensive as there is nothing fancy in terms of sets or props.

Wait till your book sells more and then contact Netflix......

SC

You know, Shawn, this was one of the feedbacks I got the most after the book was published in Bulgarian:) Funny thing is that it is actually possible to happen after this whole pandemic thing is over (hopefully very soon). A good friend of mine is a a prominent movie producer in Bulgaria and a big fan of the book. We already had discussions with him on that topic. Actually Bulgaria is a major movie shooting location and one of the biggest Roman movie sets is in Bulgaria. So, who knows... I just hope more people read the book for the time being.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity