Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Nabatean coin #1  (Read 402 times)

Dave S3

Nabatean coin #1
« on: February 25, 2021, 04:46:17 pm »
Hi folks,

I'm going through a group of 8 Nabatean coins; I've been able to identify most, but am stumped by the last three.

This coin is the largest, it is 17mm wide and weights 2.57g. It depicts two rulers (Malichus II and wife, or Aretas IV, with wife, I think); crossed cornucopia with Aramaic writing that I can't even start to read yet.

Any help appreciated :)

regards
David

Offline Jochen

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Omnes vulnerant, ultima necat.
Re: Nabatean coin #1
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 01:07:39 pm »
The yellow mark points not to a Chet of Harithath but to the Mem of Maliku. So it ist clearly Malichus and Shuqailath.

Best regards

Dave S3

Re: Nabatean coin #1
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 08:01:10 pm »
Thank you very much!

regards
David

All coins are guaranteed for eternity